Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull day weatherwise.
Washing machine has failed to work. It is pretty old and sounds like the solenoid letting water in has failed so it is now turned off. That happened once before and my wife did not realise what happened resulting on the heater coming on and setting fire to the thing.
Message left for somebody who I think is a repair man who hopefully will call back.

Mike_P

Guru
Hot and sunny, 25 minute ebike ride to and from Waitrose resulted in socks having to peeled off. Strava elevation from the Wahoo was woeful with home being around 50m lower on the return so used Stravas own elevation. More Nakd bars bought cheap and another box of Granola as that was still reduced. Yoghurts as cheap as they get anywhere so 12 in the cool bag; given the heat I had used a pannier rather than the rucksack. And of course the free Times.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My kitchen smells like a rather messy brewery. I had an incident with a case of bottled beer yesterday evening. This resulted in 2.5 litres of German Festbier on the floor with the corresponding broken glass. I need to give the floor another wash.

In more positive news, I discovered that there is a fishmonger stall at the Brockley Market. Therefore, sample kippers for breakfast. I also discovered at 9:15 that they open at 10am and there are wardens enforcing the curfew. With a certain hapless charm, I managed to get the ok from warden number one, and when warden number 2 came along to stop any sale taking place, the fishmongers said that warden number one had okayed it. Cash only though because the cashless system was not yet up and running.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hot and sunny, 25 minute ebike ride to and from Waitrose resulted in socks having to peeled off. Strava elevation from the Wahoo was woeful with home being around 50m lower on the return so used Stravas own elevation.
My brother arrived at Newhaven port with his whichever gadget reading 200 metres below sea level this summer. It turns out that if you ride at less than 5mph the system decides you're not riding at all and doesn't clock the altitude gain.

cookiemonster

Squire
gingers.jpg

^_^

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Morning.
I'm not fully awake yet . The Sun is just above the horizon and the sky is a beige colour .
I'm contemplating whether or not to go and see the Tour of Britain ride. It is figuring out where to go to see it .

Some years ago, it went past the end of my street. There was a very convenient high bank of grass to put a picnic rug down and wait patiently.

Top Bottom