Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Will prison wardens now be forced to watch dramas and films like Colditz , The Wooden Horse and The Great Escape as part of their training in the future. :whistle:

They'd have a multi generational job looking after the people jailed for one of the very many " Crypto " scams!

"Faruk Fatih Özer, the founder of the collapsed Turkish crypto exchange Thodex, his sister Serap Özer and his brother Güven Özer have been sentenced to 11,196 years, 10 months and 15 days in prison, according to local media. A judicial fine of 135 million liras ($5 million approx.) was also imposed."
Source:
https://web3isgoinggreat.com/

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange how memory works.
On another bit of the forum there is mention of Knutsford. I think I may have gone for a look once but my main memory is the signposts on the M6 heading south. We welcomed the signs as we knew we would about that point be heading off into N. Wales. Often it was night time as we sometimes did an overnight run but other times in daylight stopped for a look around at new to us places.
Happy days.

it's been nice knowing you guys. this big red blob is over us. Wifey lost power at her school nearby. as far as I can tell my home security camera is still working, which means so is my sump pump. for now. day has turned to night. VERY LOUD thunder
Picture1.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
The now no need to go to Sainsbury's on a Friday will have an advantage as the evenings fade as the alternate pre work option is a bit congested with school traffic and pedestrians. Shanks's Pony then to the Co-op for the milk I was hoping to buy for 87p from Sainsbury's but £1.05 wasn't bad. Also picked up another pack of filled ice cream cones as the last pack did not last long for some reason.

tyred

Legendary Member
In Port Charlotte now for a long weekend with a Brompton. Weather unbelievably hot. The ferry crossing was billiard table smooth, which is unusual for anywhere near Ballycastle/Rathlin.

I hope to relax now. I was sick at the start of the week, had two nightmare days at work the past two days and then I had suffered a puncture in my picture resistant tyre before I had even left Port Ellen! Things can only get better.

Better unwind with a wee Laphroaig!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quite a successful day completed:

2 loads of washing done, dried & put away
Grass cut - although I was having to stop every couple of trips up & down the garden to towel off my face due to the humidity
Eye test completed with new glasses on order
More orange squash purchased as I seem to be going through it by the gallon in this weather
Ticket purchased & hotel booked for a gig in April next year
Afternoon bike ride taken just to get some airflow

tyred

Legendary Member
There's a rusty, ancient, Qualcast lawnmower for giving away on the local Facebook marketplace.

Why am I giving serious consideration to getting it an restoring it?:wacko:

had a mini natural disaster. storm cell suddenly grew into a giant red dot on the radar & we got practically all daylight blacked out, high winds, heavy rain & power outages. Wifey's school lost power AND the backup generator. extremely hot & humid & all the fans went out. were crying, bleeding noses & vomiting. the dismissal was ruined w/ school buses of kids, bringing them back to school & letting them back into the building, because the roads were blocked by downed trees. school Secretary was on the phone constantly for hours as others pitched in. no electricity meant no inter room or communication w/ the office. everything had to be done child by child in the dark one at a time. hundreds of parents couldn't rely on the existing system to get their kids home. consequently they started sending cars to pick up the kids & not always by the ppl listed on the students record. there's a whole #'d system for pickups that almost entirely went out the window, causing alternate confirmations being required. it was FUBAR

this is from a friend of hers at another school in the same town. I think it's ok if I share it

school damage.jpg

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I keep thinking about getting some long lenses for my K3. Although I do have an old Russian 300mm mirror lens. I bought a 50mm film era lens a while back too.

As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you, & I nearly always have my phone too.

View attachment 705691

MY wife's CF card in her Olympus was always bending pins in the reader

I went to the xd card slot, just in case, although the Olympus E 500 has places for both.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
had a mini natural disaster. storm cell suddenly grew into a giant red dot on the radar & we got practically all daylight blacked out, high winds, heavy rain & power outages. Wifey's school lost power AND the backup generator. extremely hot & humid & all the fans went out. were crying, bleeding noses & vomiting. the dismissal was ruined w/ school buses of kids, bringing them back to school & letting them back into the building, because the roads were blocked by downed trees. school Secretary was on the phone constantly for hours as others pitched in. no electricity meant no inter room or communication w/ the office. everything had to be done child by child in the dark one at a time. hundreds of parents couldn't rely on the existing system to get their kids home. consequently they started sending cars to pick up the kids & not always by the ppl listed on the students record. there's a whole #'d system for pickups that almost entirely went out the window, causing alternate confirmations being required. it was FUBAR

this is from a friend of hers at another school in the same town. I think it's ok if I share it

View attachment 705769

That is quite a storm. Been there, done that. Hope you all have a smooth recovery.

Top Bottom