Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
huh? what? someone ask about a shadow govt?
View attachment 705343

5126.jpeg

A warm and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept surprisingly well. Chest really hurts though, as something went *ping* in my ribcage while I was coughing last night. Have had a quiet morning enjoying the coverage of the Tour of Britain.

Loving the colour scheme of Harry Tanfield's bike - looks just like a tube of Refreshers!

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Amazon delivery services go from incompetent to hypersonic. This parcel has been to various depots in the last eight days, including several days rest and recuperation in Redditch for some reason, but today:

Monday, 4 September

6:14 AM Package departed an Amazon facility Milton Keynes GB

6:16 AM Package arrived at the final delivery station Ipswich, GB

It still hasn't appeared :sad: Perhaps it burnt up getting from Milton Keynes to Ipswich in two minutes

Well, parcel arrived today.

Footwear, three sizes smaller than the size I ordered. :cursing:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Getting warm here in Numptonshire
Why do people advertise things and then never reply to your enquiries

As bad as those who definitely want to buy something from you and wish to come at a specific time but never appear or communicate further.

Gwylan

Veteran
Hercules and I are off an adventure.
It's sunny and warm.

After busy, for us, cycling days I need proper cycling shorts. TMI
Hercules gets the tyres checked.
"To the road my beauty"

Well with protected status the parts and I sallied forth.
Manhandled Hercules onto the train and set off. Best £3.20 going, a train ride along the coast and then a cycle back.
The weather was perfect, warm with enough breeze to cool. Sadly it was low water so there wasn't any. The creek was almost dry.
No traffic, except the twerp in Touareg who passed close enough for me to almost feel the wing mirror.
If I was a cat I'd be down to 8.

25km today took me to an anniversary total of just over 2000km.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Interesting day.
Down on Main St by just after 0800 and the bay was blanketed by fog but the upper town is clear. Fog drifts a bit and a large cruise liner appears like an island as there is no wind. One boat from it came to the pontoons but must have radar to get back as the ship vanished again in the fog.
Food shopping done and sat about just watching the passers by and near misses by cars reversing out on to the street with no regard for anything passing. A few cyclists around and one pair on large upright "continental" bikes. Must go down early a bit oftener as I always was down at work by 0730 and had a wander down to the shore with my coffee.
After lunch out on trike on the Mishnish Lochs road with surprisingly little traffic. Most small convoys with terrified white knuckle ones in front and frustrated ones behind. Waited for the service bus passing and it was not hanging about. Normally they go at a sedate pace and give me a wave.
Very little wind and not a cloud in the sky. The fog cleared by mid morning.
Tomorrow is forecast to be the same but my car will be off getting new gearbox seals and the trike will stay on board. I may get out the Ice Adventure HD I still have in a shed for a run around locally.

Top Bottom