Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A day of sunshine with heavy showers.
Decided to get rid of as much surplus stuff as possible so had a first trip up to the recycling area of the dump. Lots more to go. Must be feeling my mortality.
Later started in the bottom drawer of a unit in my bedroom where I put a lot of mostly out of date electronic cables and connectors. Some bits were kept and I tried to put the drawer back in place but something was causing it to stick half way in. Pulled it back out and ferreted about to find what was causing the problem.
My missing brake pads which vanished a few weeks ago. They must have been on top of a dressing table and slipped unnoticed down the side. I thought there were allen keys in the pack but they were not to be seen. I have several sets of all sorts of spanners where the commonest sizes in use have vanished so a big pile of all sorts of tools but never the ones I need.
Came on this photo from last week which is not mine but the sort of view I get from my house. The small boat is probably MV Lord of the Isles aka LOTI which is heading out to Castlebay on Barra. The monster just came up, had a look, turned round and departed.

9BBC2EF6-6E19-4511-901C-60185311D3F6.png

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Just back from taking grandson to the Skateboard Park in Hamtun where he did his stunts for an hour before a 6 mile ride for a picnic consisting of a Wagon Wheel, crisps and a snack bar washed down with a flask of Hot Chocolate, before returning for another hour or so at the Skateboard Park.
I love watching him having fun 😍

Mike_P

Guru
Slightly less stressful WFH today. Was meant to be a day in the office but I cancelled that feeling a bit worn out after a lumpy 50k yesterday https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-7052279
only fuelled en route by two flapjacks and plain water. First time in ages I have gone any distance without adding an electrolyte tablet to the water.
Had to do an urgent addendum to that report from Friday as I had forgot to send with it two documents only very briefly mentioned, so maybe not critical at the end of day.

Had a lovely eleven mile ride into town in the company of Wiggy #2, the Chartres, to drop off some home grown tomatoes for my usual till lady in Tesco. Picked up some Polish sausages and a pack of sliced chicken for Madam Lexi on YS.

Stopped off on the way home to investigate some apple trees that I forage from, but the rain has gotten into the crop and they've largely fallen off / rotted on the tree.

Had a couple of SMIDSY / impatient motorist moments - one old biddy pulling out of a side turning without checking the cycle lane, one ridiculously close pass (like six inches) and one numpty overtaking me just as I pass a junction and turning left right across my bows. Grrrr.

Cat fed, now time to feed me.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Had a lovely eleven mile ride into town in the company of Wiggy #2, the Chartres, to drop off some home grown tomatoes for my usual till lady in Tesco. Picked up some Polish sausages and a pack of sliced chicken for Madam Lexi on YS.

Stopped off on the way home to investigate some apple trees that I forage from, but the rain has gotten into the crop and they've largely fallen off / rotted on the tree.

Had a couple of SMIDSY / impatient motorist moments - one old biddy pulling out of a side turning without checking the cycle lane, one ridiculously close pass (like six inches) and one numpty overtaking me just as I pass a junction and turning left right across my bows. Grrrr.

Cat fed, now time to feed me.

Toms to Tesco sounds a bit like coals to Newcastle.

Bacon & lentil soup, then creamy mushroom, cheese & garlic pasta followed by some very ripe strawberries for afters. :hungry:

Top Bottom