Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cheese & tomato toastie for breakfast today.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bright sunshine when I got up this morning but 10C outside. This then clouded over quickly and alternates between that and sun so cannot get any settled forecast. Thundery showers are forecast anyway.
Temperature inside my house has now gone down to 17C on average so it is often warmer outside. I have had to resort to the patio heater in the evenings to get a bit of warmth.
Storage heaters did not usually go on until the end of October when we came home from our Trade Fair excursions but now I suspect it will be September this year.
The tourist lobby is furious and blaming Calmac for not getting as many bookings for next year as they would like. I rather think this is due to people getting here and not finding what they expect. They are coming to a Hebridean island which turns out to be an overcrowded antheap.
In addition everybody they meet is trying to take money off them as well as the extortionate cost of accommodation.
Those not trying to get money from them are probably a bit like me and thoroughly sick of the sight of them and wish they would just go away.
Cheery soul this morning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The weather says it's autumn. The calendar says it's birthday season. 3 grandkids and a daughter. I'm going to risk a trip to Bluewater. (It's a big retail shopping mall in Kent.)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bright sunshine when I got up this morning but 10C outside. This then clouded over quickly and alternates between that and sun so cannot get any settled forecast. Thundery showers are forecast anyway.
Temperature inside my house has now gone down to 17C on average so it is often warmer outside. I have had to resort to the patio heater in the evenings to get a bit of warmth.
Storage heaters did not usually go on until the end of October when we came home from our Trade Fair excursions but now I suspect it will be September this year.
The tourist lobby is furious and blaming Calmac for not getting as many bookings for next year as they would like. I rather think this is due to people getting here and not finding what they expect. They are coming to a Hebridean island which turns out to be an overcrowded antheap.
In addition everybody they meet is trying to take money off them as well as the extortionate cost of accommodation.
Those not trying to get money from them are probably a bit like me and thoroughly sick of the sight of them and wish they would just go away.
Cheery soul this morning
My wife's family all have graves near an historic tomb, and the traffic with huge busses and tourists can be immense at times. I also live near Route 66, but I can get away from all that rather readily, it must be very difficult being on an island with all that. Maybe some level of protected status is needed.

The calendar says it's birthday season. 3 grandkids and a daughter. I'm going to risk a trip to Bluewater. (It's a big retail shopping mall in Kent.)
sympathies
1693313712240.png

Credit: Alamy Stock Photo

Top Bottom