Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
The odd thing is that I feel I have had a lazy day where I didn't do much but if you add the lap of the nature reserve (mostly done leisurely) to my four mile brisk walk this morning before breakfast to my walk up the town to the shops, I have walked about 11 or 12 miles today. Some of my neighbours drive to the shop on the end of the street!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Getting dark earlier these days.
Been a dry day here

Getting dark earlier these days.
Been a dry day here

yup now begins the gradual adjustment of my Mother's exterior lights on timers, w/ every visit. had a nice break from it during the summer

1693251121947.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
A question for the Mundane Massive...

What non-greasy goo is just as good as E45 (as it's getting very pricey) cream for dry, eczema prone hands for everyday use?
I have Neutragena but that's a bit slippery so not that, ta.

Palmers cocoa butter, Mrs TKK and I have been using it for years. Get the original not the Fragrance Free version. Currently on offer in ASDA for £4.50, usually £6.50

Hebe

getting better all the time
Palmers cocoa butter, Mrs TKK and I have been using it for years. Get the original not the Fragrance Free version. Currently on offer in ASDA for £4.50, usually £6.50

+1. Everything skin related seems to be costing much more at the moment.

In other news, Hebe Jr asked me to raise the height of her saddle today. :thumbsup: And she wants to go for another bike ride:thumbsup::thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member

tom73

Guru
Did everybody decide to go to the seaside today? Despite it being a bit overcast, Felixstowe seafront was full of people and even the pay & display car parks were almost full by midday.

Scarborough was full in placers but plenty of areas that had room to move. We never try and park up no point when you can use the park and ride. Let alone you have to pass it on the way in anyway. North parade parking madness was as bad as ever people just won’t drive along a bit plenty of space. They all want to be as close as possible to the front. I’d remove the whole lot be way nicer place to be.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

There's an Asda near me. I shall investigate 👍
+1. Everything skin related seems to be costing much more at the moment.

In other news, Hebe Jr asked me to raise the height of her saddle today. :thumbsup: And she wants to go for another bike ride:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes.. E45 has gone up in price by about 40% in Tesco!
I have no knowledge of other skin unguents.

classic33

Leg End Member
Scarborough was full in placers but plenty of areas that had room to move. We never try and park up no point when you can use the park and ride. Let alone you have to pass it on the way in anyway. North parade parking madness was as bad as ever people just won’t drive along a bit plenty of space. They all want to be as close as possible to the front. I’d remove the whole lot be way nicer place to be.
There's a war going on between West and East!
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/one-way-rivalry-between-west-27609066

Went yellow stickering to Tesco this afternoon. Fridge is stocked up again.

Soup and cornish pastie for supper.

Spent the evening working on my archive. Have finally worked out which prints I haven't done yet. Thought I only had about 30 or 40 tops. Turns out it's 114. Whoopsssssss... :eek:

OK, admittedly some of these are pretty poor quality - like the ones from when Paul raced his Superstox at Tilburg and Kaldenkirchen in 1985 - but better a poor quality print than no print at all. A percentage of this batch probably *are* too crap to pass muster, but I need to at least have a go at cleaning them up in photoshop before giving them up as a bad job.

Most of the other files should make good prints, but many will need extensive work in photoshop as a result of damage to the originals or due to flash artefacts and colour casts introduced during copying.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went yellow stickering to Tesco this afternoon. Fridge is stocked up again.

Soup and cornish pastie for supper.

Spent the evening working on my archive. Have finally worked out which prints I haven't done yet. Thought I only had about 30 or 40 tops. Turns out it's 114. Whoopsssssss... :eek:

OK, admittedly some of these are pretty poor quality - like the ones from when Paul raced his Superstox at Tilburg and Kaldenkirchen in 1985 - but better a poor quality print than no print at all. A percentage of this batch probably *are* too crap to pass muster, but I need to at least have a go at cleaning them up in photoshop before giving them up as a bad job.

Most of the other files should make good prints, but many will need extensive work in photoshop as a result of damage to the originals or due to flash artefacts and colour casts introduced during copying.
Where does 221 fit in your archive!

Top Bottom