Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just created some space in the garage

Ooh! A Tardis? :whistle:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
When I closed the kitchen drawer, after I had got my knife & fork out, my dressing gown cord got caught up with the handle. As I turned around, it undid it.
MrsPete is not often given to swooning, but on this occasion she did! (or was it a mocking sound of laughter as she walked away....)

And no we don't need pictures thank you

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I’m having a short break in Cornwall and somehow the bike ended up on the car shortly before setting off. Might as well take it for a morning trundle seeing as it’s here. 🤷‍♂️ 😁

The route (that I somehow planned before leaving) is at the lumpier end of my usual area of operations but nothing crazy.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's going to be one of those days isn't it. The thunderstorm passed and it quickly turned sunny so I strapped the waterproofs to the rack of the e-bike in case of a wet ride home and set off for work. Less than a mile down the road it was perfectly dry showing how localised the storm was. Got to within half a mile of work and got caught out by yet another downpour.

At least I remembered the coffee and the first cuppa of the day is nearly finished.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Morning.
It is grey here but dry.
I stripped down the steering on my bike to see what was up. The bottom bearing cage had started to break up and the ball bearings had disappeared! They weren't bone dry as they was a brown gunge in there. I hate the system ,seems like nothing but trouble when water gets inside.

I had something similar over the course of one of the Covid winters. I’d ride the good bike on rollers and my alien-style sweat dripped into the headset and destroyed the bearings.

Later on I had to send the bike to the Canyon mechanics for an unrelated warranty issue. After it’s return I got a slightly snotty email about the state of the bearings. Maybe I should have sent an even snottier email back about their failure to correctly re-attach the crank (they’d not tightened the pinch bolt so it was only being held on by the placky pre-tension cap).

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looked very wet outside when I got up this morning but the sun is now appearing. Only temporary I suspect.
An early ferry cancelled due to "technical issues". A bit too early for the touroid to have blocked the toilets so cause unknown so far.

Touroid on FB wants to know when the Christmas light will be turned on to arrange their holidays.
When I grew up and started work Christmas day was just another working day and New Year was our main celebration.
Here we had a midnight firework display at New Year every year and the whole town turned out on the Main St and a good time was had by all.
Covid put paid to that and I don't know what is planned for this year.

Oban is to be avoided tomorrow as it is Highland Games with parades through the streets causing chaos to those not involved.
Only once did I get caught but fortunately I know a few back streets to get me out to the ferry. On my routine trips to Oban I still use them to get around and avoid the main traffic jams.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Touroid on FB wants to know when the Christmas light will be turned on to arrange their holidays.
When I grew up and started work Christmas day was just another working day and New Year was our main celebration.
Here we had a midnight firework display at New Year every year and the whole town turned out on the Main St and a good time was had by all.
Covid put paid to that and I don't know what is planned for this year.
Just put out an announcement that Mull has cancelled Christmas this year and enjoy the peace & quiet.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Good morning from Suffolk where it's yet another warm & sunny day which means we've gone over half a week without rain for the first time in a while.

Would you like some of ours?

1692868941939.png

Top Bottom