Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Just created some space in the garage

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Never actually rained but just stayed damp all day.
Went up the Glengorm dead end road for a walk at the far end. This is 5 miles away and has been resurfaced the whole way in what seemed like a couple of days. This is the second resurfacing in recent years so how the owner of Glengorm Castle manages to persuade the council to do this remains a mystery.
The owner is pretty go ahead so the road is busier than may be expected. Not your typical snobby landowner and he has converted outbuildings into reasonable rent properties for local workers. He also gives land for the annual cyclocross which creates a bit of a mess.
On further thought he may not yet own the place as his mother who is the same age as myself is still alive but he manages it certainly. She was a director of the local arts centre when I was Company Secretary which means annual returns and the date of birth of all directors has to be given.

On the way out I passed a family herd of feral goats by the roadside who had found something very tasty in the hedge. We have a few small herds around the island but they are not often seen.

Just created some space in the garage
I had a situation in 2014
1692810026770.png

1692810059531.png

but once both kids shipped off to college I made HUGE improvements. Wifey will be the 1st to say, 9 yrs later, it needs another go round

Mike_P

Guru
MrsPete's laptop had got so slow that I thought I'd totally re-thingie it.
6 hours so far :laugh:

windows updates? My dad typically leaves his laptop on not long enough for them to download and install meaning when I visit it's normally still updating when I leave with clear instructions left not to shut it down until it has restarted back to the screen full of icons.

Last edited:
Had a lovely luncheon of a gammon & mustard sandwich, a banana, a nectarine, three greengages and two :cuppa:

Then went out to pick what was left of my Victoria plums. Was easier taking the long pruning doodad than the ladder. After, went and cut some more grass weeds. Garden is starting to look lovely again. It will look better once I start cutting back the mulberry and a couple of other shrubs, and remove the broken / dead bullaces. Spent more than two hours in the garden all told.

Now just chilling with a :cuppa: and the athletics & cricket.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
windows updates? My dad typically leaves his laptop on long enough for them to download and install meaning when I visit it's normally still updating when I leave with clear instructions left not to shut it down until it has restarted back to the screen full of icons.

It was just generally clogged up with gubbins and shizzle so I thought I'd be easier save her stuff and to do a clean install.

Top Bottom