Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
My garden waste bin is black with a brown lid. Recycling is being changed from plastic container and bag to blue bins but yet to arrive for me. Black bin has been emptied so returned to its slumbering location.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We have no black bins but blue is general waste with green for recycling which is cans, most plastic and paper. Glass is grey.
The schedule is a bit confusing but I think the general waste is tomorrow. There is no bin for garden waste, you are supposed to take that up to the dump yourself.
Anyway in the real world we are threatened with more rain and wind but just now it is overcast and no wind.
Gone a bit colder overnight and some condensation on my bedroom window this morning.
Just looked outside and I can see rain approaching.
Today's excitement is taking a few things up to the dump for the charity shop and possibly a walk from that area.
How did we get 5 golf umbrellas? Generally it is too windy for such things here so not really much use. Thinking more on this we used to sell them in our shop so must be left over stock.

We have no black bins but blue is general waste with green for recycling which is cans, most plastic and paper. Glass is grey.
The schedule is a bit confusing but I think the general waste is tomorrow. There is no bin for garden waste, you are supposed to take that up to the dump yourself.
Anyway in the real world we are threatened with more rain and wind but just now it is overcast and no wind.
Gone a bit colder overnight and some condensation on my bedroom window this morning.
Just looked outside and I can see rain approaching.
Today's excitement is taking a few things up to the dump for the charity shop and possibly a walk from that area.
How did we get 5 golf umbrellas? Generally it is too windy for such things here so not really much use. Thinking more on this we used to sell them in our shop so must be left over stock.

They might have parachuted in from elsewhere!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Following on from my incident yesterday is there a good cycling organisation which is good for insurance?
I was also thinking that the car's ABS would have prevented a lock up and tyre smoke . Feel a bit disappointed as it would have added to the drama!
It has put my wife off the idea of cycling and she says that I should sell her bike .

I think both British Cycling and CyclingUK (was CTC) offer 3rd party insurance and have designated lawyers firms that deal with claims.

Mini roundabouts are the devil's work contracted out to the Council. Drivers with a clear view of the roundabout exit treat them as though they have priority as though they were at a junction with a minor road. This means that anyone using the roundabout to make a 90 degree turn must* be ready to stop as though it were a simple right turn across a carriageway.

*must - as in from a safety point of view, not a legal one.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We have an all blue bin for recycling, an all black bin for general waste and an all green bin for garden waste. The blue and black bins are available in both small and large sizes, the green bin is large and there's an additional annual charge for collection. More recently the council has standardised on the colour black for the bodies of the bins, with different coloured lids for their designated function.
If you're still with me, thanks for reading this far, It's a fascinating topic 😉

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yesterday someone asked me where I got a wine. I replied ''They're stocked by Sainsbury's.'' My phone changed this to ''They're stocked by Satanists.'' Rereading should be done before hitting send....

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's yet another warm & sunny day which means we've gone over half a week without rain for the first time in a while. Another steady day at work without being too busy to distract from the coffee making & drinking schedule.

I know the KitKats won't last long at work based on previous experience.

One & a half packs has been consumed already and we've not got that many staff in!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
My mate's taxi didn't turn up on time to take him and his family to Gatwick this morning.

He texted me asking if I was at home. This was at 7.30am. I didn't notice the message till 9.30am.

Luckily, he'd rang the cab firm and they'd sent a replacement driver, so no harm done in the end.

Can't get much more mundane than that, can you?

Oh; maybe you can. I just noticed I had £2.51 in a Coral betting account, so I've done a 20p ew Trixie and a 25p ew treble to empty it.

Top Bottom