Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A warm and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well, but would have slept better if Madam Lexi hadn't pestered me for attention during the night by sticking *one* claw into the tip of my nose! Owww.

This morning's tasks included washing my white coat from Saturday. That always goes into the machine on its own as I always add a scoop of whitener / stain remover to keep it nice and pristine. I've picked more Tumbling Tom tomatoes, and liberated a small cardboard tray to keep them in. Once you get over a certain quantity, keeping them in a tupperware isn't such a good idea. I've also been fettling Wiggy #2, the Chartres.

Rear gears seem to shift better with the cable nipped up some, but it's still not 100%. Admittedly I haven't test-ridden the bike yet, so we'll see. As best I can see, there's a point on the cassette (a couple of cogs up from the small sprocket) where it shifts across two cogs rather than just the one when selecting a lower gear. It's a recent thing and has come on suddenly.

Anyways, it's time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

Well I've never had that happen before!
I was going to cycle over to Thingley Junction to see a steam train go through. I thought I would try the Carrera Virtuoso as I haven't ridden it for quite a while . It is a bit on the big side for me. I pumped up the tyres and fitted the wheels on. I noticed that the steering was a little bit stiff but thought I would adjust it when I got back . About a mile into the ride I started to hear a creaking noise. It started to get a bit louder and then all of a sudden the steering started to get stiff and then jammed lock solid! The bike veered across the road. It's a good job the car behind me didn't try overtaking as I climbed the railway bridge . I stopped and pushed the bike up the bridge. The steering is lock solid and creaks if I try to move it . I didn't have any tools so I called my wife out to pick me up . She just missed the steam train go through by a couple of minutes.

Gwylan

Veteran
I may melt. Or auto combust

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823-154051.png
    Screenshot_20230823-154051.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
I really need to tidy the desk in my workshop; it is apparently infested with bike parts and random bits of paper. Again.

maybe just change the name from desk to workbench? DONE!

Top Bottom