Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Two hours cleaning a little break then moved six boxes, four sort of canvas suitcases and its knocked the living daylights out of me.i have had a large glass of orange juice a choc bar and a latte over an hour period,just to see if i can get some get up and go feeling back.Anyway it seems after Wednesday and the biopsy i might have to rest for 48 hours and all the heavy lifting up one flight of stairs will have to be done by some people younger than me.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
That's my working day completed
New SIM card due tomorrow now

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just normal people but unable to get the self service system to work. I always have got stuck somewhere in the system and have to call for assistance. Have given up even trying now.

I was mostly just reeling at the Smarties comment to be fair (😆), but I've rarely had a problem with self check - out, unless there is a genuine problem with the machine.
Certainly at Asda, there are two possible beams, so if one doesn't work, there is another at a different angle entirely.

Either usually works.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not been a good day. Slept in this morning and I feel not really wakened all day.
It has remained wettish all day but more of a Scotch Mist than real rain.
I did get out for a short walk and sussed out a probable off road trike route. The gate was unlocked which is unusual but no vehicle tyre tracks visible. It would still be possible to get round the gate even if it was locked. The surface the last time I checked was pretty wet but seems better today even after all the rain we have had. This is a route I used often in the past on two wheels but it is not possible on a trike to do a circuit so it would have to be an out and return the same way.
In better weather there are good views over to Coll/ Tiree and Ardnamurchan from this road.

A local cafe has announced it is not doing paper menus any more but just scan a QR code on your phone. I will not wish them luck with that.

A85 shut again after another motorbike off and many thought it a good idea to take the single track back road from Taynuilt to Oban. They would have been quicker parking their vehicles and walking the 11 or 12 miles to Oban.

Mike_P

Guru
Day in the office until I decided to time to call it a day when I tried to use the phone on the mobile as a calculator, wheres the minus gone?
Stayed dry and with the computer system throwing a wobble this afternoon I took the opportunity via the ebike to make a needed property visit that was in the depths of roadworks traffic queues by a combination of cycling and wheeling the ebike.

Last edited:
Had a lovely luncheon of a chicken & avocado sandwich, a banana, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

Then spent the afternoon cutting grass weeds. The whole front of the garden is now done, as is the section along the drain which goes round two sides, and which the drainage board are supposed to cut a couple of times a year but never do.

Now chilling with a :cuppa: and a kit kat while watching the athletics.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Top Bottom