Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Cycled early this morning. Now sat in the shade, leaking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-143720.png
    Screenshot_20230822-143720.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 5

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
3 hours to go..... 😒

Warm, breezy and mostly sunny here today chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Watered the triffids as I didn't get round to doing that yesterday, and I've picked another bowlful of Tumbling Toms. Kind of regretting buying that punnet of tomatoes in Tesco last week, as mine are suddenly all coming on. My diet for the foreseeable future will be rather... tomatoey.

The rest of the morning was spent cutting the grass around the house. I shall continue with that endeavour later this afternoon, gradually working my way towards the rear of the garden.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
good man, good Father & Son. good thing you're young & fit, eh?

I've done a morning's chopping, pruning and cleaning. Son no. 2 & a housemate worked hard as well.

Patio cleaned and weeded, front garden done, old rubbish mostly into my car although there's at least one more car-load. 300ltr compost bin built and filled - I reckon there's about 8-10 bins worth of brambles/nettles/branches still to clear so it'll be a long job. It's just been chopped/cut and piled up for years but there's a really nice garden space under all the detritus.

We reached the end of the garden on one side, where there's a gate and shed plus lovely house behind. Only the access is via the left side and we'd gone down the right.

Either way the outside looks much nicer, with no rubbish/broken glass/sharps left. Lots of other broken items were found/spotted as we worked, with any we could reach collected. The rest we'll get to. The trolleys are going back to Tesco later and the inside being cleaned this evening.

Last edited:

postman

Squire
Mrs P still sorting through the bedroom stuff,i had the pleasure of cleaning the large shower room.Oh my word.i had to wash the tiling inside the shower five times,also the door and two shower panels five times.The chammy leather on the final flourish has given it a nice finish.I am home now having a rest before Mrs P comes back for me to carry stuff to the car.Sadly my energy levels are going down very quickly.Wednesday i go for my biopsy and more blood tests.

postman

Squire
***STOP PRESS***BREAKING NEWS***

The rain has stopped and the sun has come out.
quiet quiet it might come back.

Have just been reading that the Lionesses have arrived back in England but left the airport by a private exit by passing fans waiting to welcome them home..There may be a good reason .

After the overwhelming support they have been given it is disappointing.

I’m not a fan normally of soccer but didn’t miss a match of Englands game and enjoyed every one..

They probably heard that the prime minestrone and the royal family were waiting at the airport to greet them ! :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
On the subject of supermarkets, I have not graced one with my presence since 2006!

The noise, over-bright lighting, and people barging into me all caused me to feel dizzy and wobbly. I only wanted a few items, but could find any of them. As I was carrying a basket, not pushing a trolley, I somehow gained a cloak of invisibility.

Fortunately there are so many small independent food shops, that it is not a problem to avoid large busy shops.

I mostly agree but I have no real choice as the only possible shop where I live is a Coop and there are no independents I can think of in Oban when I go there. With ferry timetables to watch time is important so it really has to be supermarkets with easy parking.
We used to go over on foot but that is now beyond me so it really has to be by car. I have considered the trike but traffic is now so bad I am a bit doubtful of the wisdom of that.

Top Bottom