Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never went to Sunday School. Always felt that the five days from Monday to Friday were enough time. If they couldn't teach me enough in those five days a week, what could be done on Sundays.

I generally did; when your Dad's the pastor it's harder not to turn up. Mind you I apparently had a reputation for always drawing pictures of trains, no matter wha tthe theme was...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I generally did; when your Dad's the pastor it's harder not to turn up. Mind you I apparently had a reputation for always drawing pictures of trains, no matter wha tthe theme was...

'David's Thumper was heard throughout the land'.

This sounds eminently more sensible than what they were trying (unsuccessfully) to teach me. A lot of it never really made much sense to me at the time.

Like I said, the best bit was the Smarties at the end!

Mike_P

Guru
Another unplanned outing for the ebike this evening. The plan had been to use up the 50p off oranges Waitrose voucher tomorrow lunchtime as a break from being in the office but looking at the weather forecast if it's going to rain tomorrow it will be at lunchtime. Probably not now. Did my usual trick with their self service tills of scanning an item after I had paid for it:banghead:

classic33

Leg End Member
Another unplanned outing for the ebike this evening. The plan had been to use up the 50p off oranges Waitrose voucher tomorrow lunchtime as a break from being in the office but looking at the weather forecast if it's going to rain tomorrow it will be at lunchtime. Probably not now. Did my usual trick with their self service tills of scanning an item after I had paid for it:banghead:
I made a point of refusing to those things. The local Tesco had a rethink after they scanned my few items, and I went to pay, with cash, for it. Every till went down.

They never got me to use one again.

D

Deleted member 1258

This is a legal requirement to keep HGV entitlement on a driving licence.. 35 classroom hours on a 5 year rolling period.
Still tedious, though 😂

I worked at an engineering place for eight years, they insisted on a refresher every two years for us Forklift drivers, my job was in raw materials and I was handling stillages plus bundles and boxes of metal bar, what used to make the week long course interesting was that there was always a section on pallet and racking, which was something I never did day to day and I was having to remember it from the last course I did.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
While out & about today, I think I found @Reynard 's spare tea mug
High Flyer Mug, Ely.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quite a warm and unexpectedly breezy ride today - but as it was in the Cambridgesire flatlands I should have expected that. Got to see a Stratotanker & a C130 flying low in the Fordham/Isleham area (they'd just taken off from Mildenhall), plus the sound of a few F15s playing about. With a bit of forward planning (unusual for me) I'd taken a bike lock and left it on one of the stands at Ely Tesco while I went for the ride, so when I got back I was able to leave the bike secured while I popped in and got the food & drink for work this week.

Mike_P

Guru
I made a point of refusing to those things. The local Tesco had a rethink after they scanned my few items, and I went to pay, with cash, for it. Every till went down.

Asda originally had some that were great for unloading a pocket of change into but then they changed them to ones that took each coin very slowly in turn. Co-Ops are good in the sense they offer you your reward money off the bill, something rarely done at a staffed till.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ah, but those were 👹🔥🔥🔥THE DEVIL'S SMARTIES!! 🔥🔥🔥👹

😆

We got no smarties in Sunday School. Probably why I got moved up to acolytes soon as I did. Fancy outfit, got to hear the sermon, was in church with the adults.(My cousin Robbie, anyway, parents weren't really "into" religion. Not their groove, man...)

Top Bottom