Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was reading about Canada's wildfires and discovered 14 million hectares have gone up in flames this year. I tried to get an idea of the dimensions by converting it into square miles. It came out as just over half a million square miles. I still don't really have any sense of how enormous that is.

Normally, areas are compared to the size of Wales.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was reading about Canada's wildfires and discovered 14 million hectares have gone up in flames this year. I tried to get an idea of the dimensions by converting it into square miles. It came out as just over half a million square miles. I still don't really have any sense of how enormous that is.
An area six times the size of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had to 'retire' my very nice Specialized Pro Carbon shoes - I've had them about 20 years. The plastics have started to perish, the fatal blow is all the plastic surrounding the 'ratchet' has cracked and come off the shoe, now useless. Wahhhh wahhhh !! Just pulled the cleats off, and retired the shoe to the bin !

Fortunately I was expecting this, so I purchased some new carbon soled road shoes last summer in a sale !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast, breezy but very warm Suffolk. The first cuppa of the day has just been finished and a very good one it was.

Oh it's Friday at last so hopefully me and @Jenkins will have good days as I am loosing the will to get answers from one of my suppliers

I've already had a good start to the day as I've decided to go to Silverstone for the racing on Sunday and just brought the ticket.

I was expecting Yorkshires from you!

Puddings or counties?

Well that's put paid to a lot of this offsetting by planting trees !

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I seem to have done it again ie posted something in the wrong thread. If anybody comes across nonsense anywhere but here please let me know where it has gone. :wacko:

Found it in the photo thread so it is now deleted.
It is all the fault of that Andy who commented on a photo to which I replied and then just carried on from there without changing thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom