Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
They certainly used to but those days have long gone. That was when they had motorbikes and sidecars as well as yellow phone type boxes
It does remind me of an occasion in I think Belgium when we on our Lambretta 150cc were passed on an almost deserted newly built dual carriageway by a Touring Secours motorbike and sidecar. The driver waved as he passed with both feet on the handlebars. Must have had some arrangement to hold the throttle remotely.

A few of the old boxers are still around I know of one on the way to Fraisthorpe.

A warm and occasionally / mostly sunny day here today.

Did not sleep well (hot flushes), and my morning didn't get any better with the kettle going t*ts up, so no tea.

First item on the agenda though was meeting up with a friend for a nice walk with her dogs around the village playing fields. It's always good to have a good yak and set the world to rights. Friend was well chuffed with her "thank you" gift of some nice cheese.

After that, tootled off to Tesco for a new kettle. I'd only had this one for five months, so a bit miffed, but they replaced like for like with no quibble at all, with a fresh 12 month guarantee. Heads up for the customer service ladies in Tesco Ely - they were bloody fabulous.

Other than that, I've done a load of laundry, given the grape vine a haircut, turned off the phone connectivity on the car (phone stays firmly in handbag whilst driving, if I need to make a call etc, I'll pull into a layby), and worked out where Radio 5 Live Sports Extra is on the DAB radio.

Now sat relaxing with a :cuppa:

Mike_P

Guru
What passes as the lawns cut and to and from Sainsburys on the ebike without the slightest glimmer of the sun. Weather forecast wrong yet again. Black mark for Sainsburys, appear to have stopped stocking my favourite varieties of Nakd bars.

There's a new speed monitor in the 30km/h (ca. 20mph) section near my apartment. It flashes your speed; under the limit you get a green smiley face and if you are over the limit you get a red sad face.

As I have the maturity of a twelve year old in these matters I am now trying to see how fast I can go.

Today I got '27' and a yellow neutral face, a warning that I'm getting close...

Don't talk to me about living dangerously.

Last edited:
Mounted up and labelled (as best I can) a small batch of short oval photos and filed them in my archive. All amateur photos this time, but no less valid for that.

I now have 20 photos (actual photos, not scans from magazines and programmes) in the short oval section of the archive. Something of a miracle given how hard they are to come by. I still have a few to sort, but they require extensive restoration.

Top Bottom