Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brain can't rest so I have been out cutting back our hazel bush . I thought I would stop to have a cup of tea and went up the garden to look for my wife . I couldn't see her so I thought she must have been out the front . No luck there ! She must be playing hide and seek! :wacko: Five minutes later I saw my wife walking down the garden path in tears! For a moment I thought she had found our cat dead or something like that ! My wife had walked into an overhanging branch which knocked her back causing her to fall and hit her head on some concrete ! She has a large bump on her head.
We are a right pair!

tom73

Guru
My brain can't rest so I have been out cutting back our hazel bush . I thought I would stop to have a cup of tea and went up the garden to look for my wife . I couldn't see her so I thought she must have been out the front . No luck there ! She must be playing hide and seek! :wacko: Five minutes later I saw my wife walking down the garden path in tears! For a moment I thought she had found our cat dead or something like that ! My wife had walked into an overhanging branch which knocked her back causing her to fall and hit her head on some concrete ! She has a large bump on her head.
We are a right pair!

That needs checking either get an emergency appointment with a GP, attended your local treatment centre or go to A & E.
Head injuries are funny things and you can never be too careful.

tom73

Guru
Note to self: do not bid on eBay items when half-asleep, in the last 5 seconds and when selecting from 'Seller's items' because you can't find what it was you were intending to bid on.

Because you may just bid on the wrong thing :blink:

Anybody want a vintage metal 5-piece garden table and chair set? :whistle:

Could be worse someone I know messed up and ended up winning a jet engine.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Could be worse some I know messed up and ended up winning a jet engine.

Jet engine on a Dawes Kingpin? I've got a frame spare ...

Gwylan

Veteran
I agree as some times they portray night scenes to well and you can't see what is going on !

Why was CSI always in a dark room ?
"Have you seen my pen?"
"Damn! " "I've stubbed my toe!" "Who left that body there?". :whistle:

It's because HDTV shows everything. To keep the cost of production down they turn the lights down.
I've effectively given up on them.

Ends up watching subtitles on a dark screen!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
61 years! Did they salute you as they passed in the opposite direction? 🤔

They certainly used to but those days have long gone. That was when they had motorbikes and sidecars as well as yellow phone type boxes
It does remind me of an occasion in I think Belgium when we on our Lambretta 150cc were passed on an almost deserted newly built dual carriageway by a Touring Secours motorbike and sidecar. The driver waved as he passed with both feet on the handlebars. Must have had some arrangement to hold the throttle remotely.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a lovely sunny warm day but pretty windy.
Took the trike out and did a new circular route mostly on forest roads but half a mile on main road.Got up to just over 30mph on tarmac as downhill with the wind behind me.
This is a road we often walked on but I will not do it on the trike again as it is too rough and potential for damage to tyres. In addition the electrical connections did not take kindly to the shaking and gave intermittent problems.
Strange lack of traffic on the main road explained I later discovered by roadworks between Tobermory and Salen. Long delays apparently because the mainland contractor had no idea of the volume of traffic to expect. In addition they have to commute daily from Lochgilphead as there is no local accommodation. Everything is taken up by touroid.

Top Bottom