Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I dipped too many oaty biscuits in my tea this morning. The bottom of my cup is now a slurry of tea and oats.
Drain the tea further and you'll have your breakfast in a cup!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's been one of those days at work.

Much better now after a bit of a laugh & snacks at a little familty get together at mum's for my sister's birthday.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2's stuff moved into his Nottingham student house for this academic year, with 5+ year's of items left in parts of the house removed, including old sheets and underwear xx( . Tip run tomorrow.

It's tidier, although will benefit from a good clean. The garden's a mess however, with shopping trolleys in (students :blink: ) so when the junk in those is emptied (more old underwear / beer cans / etc.) with a second tip run Tesco can have their 'lost' trolleys back. That'll be done in a couple of weeks' time and give them a decent-sized outside garden in addition to the house. The landlord said the trolleys had been there for at least 5 years which begs the question "why didn't they clear it then?" But my guess is that it's a popular area, the rent is reasonable and was let quickly so they didn't tidy up. Therefore son no. 2, his house-mates and us will.

The house itself will be fine; there's just enough space and the main things work. It's simply had students upon students in without anyone stopping to ask "whose is this stuff?" The previous tenants for a few years were two postgraduate couples (Malaysian?) and the items appear to pre-date them.

Did any CC member lose their underwear in a student house in Beeston, Nottingham sometime since 2018? If so, it's possibly in my car. Actually, on reflection it's probably better not to ask.

Mike_P

Guru
Stewards inquiry held and the snake bite inner tube binned as well as three further attempts to patch it failed. The punctures are too far apart for one patch and too close together for two patches. I did try a huge patch but that was too big for the curve of the tube to glue down.

Then took the ebike to Asda. Thought I would have a look as an off chance of there being any bagged salad leaves dated for the 20th. No 19th was the latest then I spied one for the 9th and another for the 5thxx(

Hebe

getting better all the time
Amazon package arrived. Now basking in my status as world's best mum :dance::angel:

IMG_3185.jpeg

Top Bottom