Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽

beach & brew today!
a Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 7.02.14 AM.jpg
:cheers:

Tense now. Playing better than that last game which is a big plus.

Warm, blustery and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept so-so. It's kind of hard to sleep when you've got a cat that insists on sleeping on top of you. I have had a quiet morning. Well, I've watched the England game (Yay!) and then been keeping an eye on Arsenal v Forest.

There's the olympic distance MTB race to watch this afternoon.

But first, it is time for luncheon.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@oldwheels I must have been lucky with the Corran ferry as it wasn't broken down when I used it 😂

There was always a standby boat used if required. The main ferry has been out of action for at least the past year as waiting on new bits being recast. The shipyard seems to be a bit lackadaisical and claims to be too busy to prioritise this ferry.
The current one in use is the old standby vessel which is ancient and well worn but there is now no standby. Cannot remember how old but in human terms is a lot older than I am.
Never had this problem in the past and I used it frequently when on business even tho’ I disliked the road from Tyndrum onwards and particularly the bit from Ardgour to Lochaline which I regarded as dangerous due to traffic pushing hard in both directions for a ferry at each end. Sight lines have been improved a bit but still dodgy.
Highland Council are the responsible body but based in Inverness and obviously do not regard the fringes as being important. Naturally some blame the Scottish government but that is straying into political territory.

Top Bottom