Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Back upstairs with a cuppa made with a Yorkshire decaf tea bag as the Tetley tea bags have all been used.
It's going down well

Hebe

getting better all the time
Good to see you back, hun xxx :hugs:
Thank you. :cuppa:

It is raining again.

View: https://youtu.be/bXxYI9I68P4

That's today's earworm sorted, thank you, could be worse :rain: I think I jinxed the weather by putting the hammocks back out two days ago.
Back upstairs with a cuppa made with a Yorkshire decaf tea bag as the Tetley tea bags have all been used.
It's going down well
Yorkshire decaff is the main breakfast tea chez Hebe, sometimes I live dangerously with Twinings English Breakfast.

Hebe junior comes back home from her holiday with Hebe boyfriend and his family today. I have missed her insanely.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wet and windy.
Library day but still got unpacking and sorting of foodstuff to get on with.
Need to go and empty the washing machine. I just bung everything in together and it has never come to any harm.
Corran ferry is broken down again causing the usual consternation.
A couple of days ago Calmac held up a ferry to wait for passengers as all usual routes from the south were blocked by serious accidents. Some tried the Loch Long road which became impossible after a couple of large lorries met on this narrow road and could not pass.
A few had to sleep in their cars unless they had nerves of steel to make up lost time to catch the waiting ferry.
A few years ago a courier with a tour bus complained loudly at a ferry waiting at Craignure for a blue light ambulance because his charges would be late for their dinners. Things were a bit more robust in those days and he nearly accidentally fell over the side off the ferry. :ohmy:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Did you do Manchester City's football kit washing the other day as their shirts look pink !

Oi you can't blame that on me all the washing I did had no noticeable colour leakage

Mike_P

Guru
Took the chance, the Waitrose till thought about it for a bit but then came up on the display Coupon -£1.50, with respect to the Times despite having already done Coupon -£3.50 in respect of the same £3.50 item. I had bought a box of razor blades at a reduced price amongst a bill total of £27 pre coupons so maybe if I only bought the paper and the milk with its Coupon -50p it might have rejected the £1.50 one.

EBike was somewhat quieter compared to its last outing. Outbound was cloudy with a glimmer of sun. The return quickly became wet but by the time I had decided on the quickest route, the A61 north, it had stopped. The town centre traffic lights behaved themselves for once and I flew down the Parliament Street hill (the one cycle races have gone up to the finishing line) at a speed no motorist was legally going to overtake. Obviously thing's changed quickly with the climb of Ripon Road beyond and speed quickly halved.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MrsF currently swimming in the see with 10 others, and two seals. One seal centre photo
20230812_103508.jpg

Top Bottom