Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
A very unhappy ebike on this evenings 10 mile Sainsbury's run, something obviously catching the rear wheel after an initial panic it was the motor making the noise.
Stopped twice outbound but could not source what was causing the problem and with a loaded pannier on the return it was even louder. So a case of toss the ebike as turning it upside down is never the simplest even with the battery removed. The problem quickly revealed itself as the clips on one side of a mudguard bridge
Did result in those low down out of sight parts getting a much needed clean.

tyred

Legendary Member
35 mile ride completed in dry, sunny but pretty windy conditions.

I think it is time to tighten the chain on my single speed.

At Holyhead - security checked the car over and it seems to have triggered something on the car's security system. It wouldn't lock so I've had to reset everything.

My Honda's great but it IS complicated.

My new Skoda is a bit like this... Loads of buttons everywhere.

I'll feel like Londo Mollari looking for a landing thruster in "A Voice in the Wilderness" for a while :blush:

My new Skoda is a bit like this... Loads of buttons everywhere.

I'll feel like Londo Mollari looking for a landing thruster in "A Voice in the Wilderness" for a while :blush:

"Who says the good 'ol days are gone, eh?"

tom73

Guru
Hey! I enjoy watching the Hundred. It's a nice bit of light entertainment. Well, that is, unless I'm watching "my" team, who are not doing terribly well right now...

Entertainment it maybe but it won’t fix the problems in the domestic game. Before you get to outside England, Australia and India it’s dying. Won’t be long before it gets like other ones. With rich money men owning teams and players sold to highest bidder. Now if the USA version takes off some real big money will need finding to keep ours going. Real bugbear is ECB happily release England players for this. But try seeing one in Yorkshire shirt is impossible.

Entertainment it maybe but it won’t fix the problems in the domestic game. Before you get to outside England, Australia and India it’s dying. Won’t be long before it gets like other ones. With rich money men owning teams and players sold to highest bidder. Now if the USA version takes off some real big money will need finding to keep ours going. Real bugbear is ECB happily release England players for this. But try seeing one in Yorkshire shirt is impossible.

As with any sport, it's the bums-on-seats which keeps things afloat.

Motor racing is much the same. Outside of the "big" meetings like BTCC, there's not over much in the way of footfall and some of the grids are very thin.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Decent day out today. Left home at about 10:30, parked up almost exactly 3 hours/52 miles later with a cold drink in front of me a couple of minutes after that and didn't move until it was time to catch the train home. Lovely & warm and a (mostly) tail wind.

Thankfully there's no hurry to get to Silverstone tomorrow. Food is already prepped, so all that remains to do is make a flask of coffee, a bottle of squash and then get some diesel for the first time in a while.

Top Bottom