Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa is brewing

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Short ride then we're off for a weekend in Co. Cavan for a family birthday then Co. Down visiting the in-laws. As @tyred has put it looks like it'll be a wet weekend.

At least I've booked the 'nice' seats on the ferry with supplied food/drink.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning.
I have put our bins out .
Is the person who designed the finish of the women's time trial a sadist?
I had to turn off the indoor cycling the other night as it was becoming too tense!

It’s the men’s turn this afternoon. The state some of them are in on the final climb up the cobbles is unreal. Talk about emptying the tank!

tom73

Guru
Looking like another dry and sunny day cooler than yesterday but nothing nice enough.
Should be away in the van but the weather for Saturday was not looking good. Being stuck on a rally field is no fun so changed our plans. Making the most of Mrs 73 day off on the train for a day out round Skipton. Means one of two things fish and chips down by the canal saying hello to Fred. Or buying up 1/2 the outdoor shop clearance stuff and they have a sale too. Most likely both :smile:
Or may go posh if they have any outdoor seats free and have pie and mash from the pie shop. Oh then again may call in to the coffee shop that do great eggs benedict.

I must be in a pretty good mood as I have dug out my knight's helmet that I was making . I have been beating it with a hammer and dolly and filing off some of the welds . There are some places which need to be done again as I missed the joints. I have modified some bits , trying to get the curves to blend in better and raising the eyebrow area as I couldn't see out with the visor in place .
I had started it as a bit of a challenge to see if I could shape some steel . One part led to another and so it progressed. It has been a challenge! I haven't a plan to work from so it has been a case of suck it and see! It fits which is a major plus ! Putting the visor in place reveals other problems especially deciding where the pivots should go . It has to cover the front opening plus it also has to clear the helm when raising it .
If I stumble upon another problem it might get shelved again for a while .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey, overcast but warm Suffolk where the first cuppa of the day is just at drinking temperature. With the closure of the Lowestoft-Ipswich rail line next week for a fortnight I think I'll take advantage of the southerly breeze and head off on the bike to Beccles for the last lunch & a couple of drinks up there for a while. All I need to do is decide which of the various stored routes to take.

Top Bottom