Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, he had fish and chips waiting for me.
That were nice of him.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Disney are filming on campus this week. Security is 'tight' apparently near the location. A colleague was parking, and was asked 3x by Disney Security if she was 'staff'.

An excuse for parking on our premises for launch ceremonies at the nearby shipyard was “ I got permission from head office”. Took great pleasure telling them I was head office and eff off or a couple of hogsheads could accidentally land on their car bonnet.
Sounds nasty but they interfered with our work and we did in fact move hoggies up a ramp beside where they parked.

An excuse for parking on our premises for launch ceremonies at the nearby shipyard was “ I got permission from head office”. Took great pleasure telling them I was head office and eff off or a couple of hogsheads could accidentally land on their car bonnet.
Sounds nasty but they interfered with our work and we did in fact move hoggies up a ramp beside where they parked.

A favourite where I worked in Devon was "we have permission from the estate manager" which came as a surprise to the estate manager who was standing next to me.

She was a six foot ex-copper. What happened next was a surprise to the illegally parked tourists...

Unless you try, you'll never know.

My boss is surprisingly convinced of his position.

It has to be said my colleague is brilliant in this role: she's a fairly petite redhead who seems all nice and friendly until someone is bullying, harassing or in this case bureaucratic and incompetent with one of of the clients, then she will explain in polite terms exactly what will now happen and everyone finds themselves obeying without question.

She doesn't have an iron will; it's hardened titanium.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
My boss is surprisingly convinced of his position.

It has to be said my colleague is brilliant in this role: she's a fairly petite redhead who seems all nice and friendly until someone is bullying, harassing or in this case bureaucratic and incompetent with one of of the clients, then she will explain in polite terms exactly what will now happen and everyone finds themselves obeying without question. She doesn't have an iron will; it's hardened titanium.
There's the warning sign.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Tonight's tea is fresh runner beans, pasta , bacon , tomatoes and mushrooms and it's very nice indeed.

Top Bottom