Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange my last post seems to have vanished and no nasty notes from mods.
Down to the bone haircut followed by collection of refurbished hearing aid and then food shopping.
Nice trike run in afternoon when I misjudged the temperature. I was far too warm.
In contrast to yesterday all cyclists met greeted me enthusiastically.
Off home on an early ferry tomorrow.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Strange my last post seems to have vanished and no nasty notes from mods.
Down to the bone haircut followed by collection of refurbished hearing aid and then food shopping.
Nice trike run in afternoon when I misjudged the temperature. I was far too warm.
In contrast to yesterday all cyclists met greeted me enthusiastically.
Off home on an early ferry tomorrow.

There is an interesting post of yours in "Curried Goat", is that the one?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Chef gets off the boat to look for mangoes, and instead encounters a tiger in the forest. Chief of the Boat and Marlowe, the officer commanding the mission told him not to go far. He runs back to the boat, they take off, thinking he was pursued by Viet-Cong, spraying the jungle as the go, until they finally get coherent words from him about the tiger, and Chef keeps repeating "Never get out of the boat" over and over.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Obviously a modern retelling of Conrad's (Korzeniowski's) Heart of Darkness. Marlowe is still Marlowe, and it takes him forever to tell a story. I have the long version extended director's cut, and there is an even longer version if you count the story of a parallel mission to Marlowes which ended up on the cutting room floor.

Top Bottom