Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been crawling around underneath a car from one of the chaps at our men's shed . His exhaust bracket had rusted through. I was making a bracket out of some scrap steel. If I can get the right size exhaust clamp I can drill some holes in my bracket and mount it . The old bit of rusty bracket was a swine to get off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Managed to book two hotel stays in Manchester for upcoming concerts. We've got 4 events from October to January - two pre-booked with Travel Lodge, but today's bookings are for weekends. Premier Inn and Travel Lodge were just as expensive as the nice hotels, so I've booked two different ones. Oh and got charged the Manchester Tourist Tax of £1 per night. I am not a tourist and live in Manchester (ish).

Warm, sunny and blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept OK-ish. Several bathroom trips required during the night, so a bit short on sleep. Not too bad, though. Spent the morning puttering about in the garden. Triffids watered and I've picked a load of plums (Victoria and Tsar) to add to the ones I acquired in the community orchard yesterday. Some will be diverted into a crumble later, but the plan is to make a small batch of powidła i.e. plum butter.

Garage messaged me to let me know that the car will be ready for pickup either tomorrow or Saturday, and what would suit. Tomorrow afternoon would be good, because then I can pop down to their other workshop before it closes for the weekend and empty out my stuff (mainly tools, spare rain jacket and the first aid kit) from the old Fabia. Oh, and get my keyrings back. I have a Hello Kitty keyring on one set of keys and a Pickup Truck racing one on the other.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Top Bottom