Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a lovely bicycular bimble this afternoon. Dropped off a magazine at a friend's place, then rode to the community orchard. The greengages aren't quite ready - although I found one that *was* ripe, and scarfed it. Bloody delicious. Picked a few to pop in the fruit bowl to ripen. But another plum tree did have fruit that was good to go, so I filled a tupperware to bring home. I shall be making plum crumble tomorrow, methinks. :hungry:

The filberts were a bit of a bust. Lots on the ground, but this (the wood, and the orchard for that matter) is a place where I won't pick off the ground because the area is very popular with dog walkers. For obvious reasons, really.

Found some onions in the verge on the way home, so lobbed those into my pannier as well. Takes the sting out of having paid £1 for three onions in the Co-op the other day.

The cat is fast asleep, so shall wait till she asks for food. And in the mean time, it is time to feed me.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Men's 3/4 race over, which consisted of two riders going up the road and no real chase. Son no. 2 would have liked that a fortnight ago instead of having to get his 2nd Cat the hard way through multiple attacks.

The women's race also appears to be a quite sedate affair with only a small field of six.

PXL_20230809_183947333.jpg

The men's E123 won't be though. I raced that last time out and it hurt.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
My colleague who has responsibility for communication with the Job Centre, has kicked some A*se and the paperwork has magically arrived. As our clients really need the daily routine for work this is very important.
One of the great things about working here is having professional colleagues who care for the clients and have steel capped boots...
Have you thought about putting in for a pair?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Men's E123 lined out on lap 1, albeit helped by a first lap Prime. Only half the field are in shot.

PXL_20230809_190659861.jpg

gbb

Squire
Mundane news today..
Took dog for a walk this morning, found a £1 coin, mini win.
Took him out again this afternoon with son, DIL and their border collie, a good walk for maybe 1.5 miles, our Lab goes mental in the presence of other dogs...after 5 mins he was fine. Really reassuring because he's an utter tw&t normally.
Found an unused Adsa £10 off voucher in my Asda digital wallet...yay, win, £10 off today's shopping.

Top Bottom