Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ernie, you waste of space.. I'm seriously considering dumping you!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a very wet Suffolk where the first cuppa of the day is just reaching drinking temperature. By faffing around a bit this morning I was able to get to work mostly dry with the rain having passed through, but the waterproofs are ready for the return trip this afternoon.

A rather useful £225 from ERNIE this month, but it won't stop me cashing in most of my holding this week and re-investing elsewhere to get a guaranteed £200 per month return.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry so far but forecast is a bit uncertain. Light northerly wind.
The wind will not suit the West Highland Week lot as they are racing to Tobermory today. Light contrary winds are not exciting but do need a bit of skill. In addition the wind in the Sound can be a bit strange and change direction due to the geography, often within a few hundred yards it will change back to the original direction. Makes for interesting but frustrating sailing for the fast lot.
Just been down to the Calmac office for a frustrating visit. Michelle is always as helpful as can be but cannot magic up vehicle spaces which are already full.
Wanted to travel off on Monday but the only sailing was the first in the morning and not nowadays practical for me to get up at about 0430 to get a ferry. Settled eventually on Tuesday mid morning. Coming home nothing on Thursday as booked solid so had to take Friday but a bit early as I want to get frozen food before getting to the ferry.
The joys of island life and why I often hate the tourist industry.
The new ticketing system also makes it impractical to travel on spec and get on as a standby as the tickets are specific to one sailing only and have to be purchased in advance. You cannot get a ticket if the ferry is fully booked tho' there are always some "no shows".

PS Ernie has coughed up £100 this month. It would be nice to get a five figure amount but cannot really complain.

Last edited:
I've been cleaning up my bars a bit. They were badly scored. It's hard trying to put back what's missing with the point of a needle file.

DSC_0404 - Copy.JPG

Top Bottom