Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
i am now shivering,and i have two jumpers on.The top one is a big massive woolly thing that swamps me,i love it during winter.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
No1 daughter & the grandkids have just started heading home from camping in Ilfracombe a day early as the weather forecast is a tad inclement tomorrow morning.

Screenshot_20230801-200346~2.png

09:00 tomorrow...
☔ ☔ ☔ ☔

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I hope Ernie has read his map and realises where I live this month!
So far, this year, he's got lost 😔

Gwylan

Veteran
Probably Frank Dye and he also went to the Faroe islands and on to Iceland. He wrote some interesting books about his travels.
My only really hairy moment was in my Wayfarer. I was out with a learner a month after having a kidney removed. We were in the middle of the Sound of Mull when a squall came at us and she hung on to the mainsheet and tiller so we heeled over with water pouring in over the gunnel.
I was yelling at her to let everything go when her foot slipped and she fell into the centre of the boat and lost her grip on the sheet. At the same time I was hanging out as far as possible and thinking " I should really be sitting at home by the fire with my feet up and this is where we die"
With the sheets loose the boat came upright and we survived. :notworthy:
Been there and felt the same.
Learned my lesson and swapped the boat for a camper.
Loved sailing around Mull and so on.
But really don't feel the van is suitable for your part of the world.
I'll bring the bike instead

Mike_P

Guru
There was a comment of summer returning the end of next week on the weather on BBC 6 o'clock news so with a £1 off deli M&S mobile app voucher decided this evening would be a good time to raid the Simply Food for some Free from deli items that could be frozen.
Turned out to be 3 packs of highly expensive free from sausage rolls and separately a Cumberland pie for Thursday :hungry:
Ebike battery was on three bars so skipped the normal outbound route there which is up the climb of Cornwall Road (the hardest climb of the 2019 UCI route) in favour of the still steep in places outbound Sainsbury's route before leaving it to go pass the cricket ground. The low battery warning I had for the Varia turned into reality as it died.
On the return put the ebikes built in lights on and as a consequence despite using minimal assistance the battery fell to two bars.

Top Bottom