Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain eased off early afternoon so I went out and sharpened my scythe in anticipation of attacking part of the weed patch where they have mostly stopped flowering. All too wet to work just now.
Rain started again later in the afternoon.
After @srj10 gave the name of the super yacht in the marina I looked it up on line.
Cost $25 million to build some years ago and running costs between $1 and $2 million per annum. :ohmy:
Owner is CEO of a corporation I have never heard of so probably paid for out of business petty cash.

Warm, overcast and humid here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Managed to get the car started, so chucked a bike in the back and dropped the car off at the garage and cycled home via the community orchard. The apple trees that did very well last year have diddly squat on them this, but there's plenty of other varieties in there to try, and I shan't be short of fruit to store.

Had a lovely luncheon of a chunk of Melton Mowbray pork pie, plus two slices of wholemeal toast, one with Polish sausage, one with cheese and the last of the coleslaw, plus a banana, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

Too wet outside after the overnight rain to do anything in the garden, so spent the afternoon working on the archive.

Garage called at tea time. The ECU is futzed. Cost of parts and labour is far more than what the car is worth, and even then, the fix isn't guaranteed to solve the issue. Plus it will need a fair bit of work to get it through the MOT later in the year. between both of those I'd be effectively chucking a Grand or so away with no guarantee of a useable car, ergo time to call it quits and look for a replacement. It's a 52 plate, I've had it for ten years, and got my money's worth out of it, so can't really complain.

Got my eye on a 64 plate Rapid Spaceback that's on their forecourt. Need to do a bit of research re insurance and stuff first, plus I'll see what else the garage can come up with that meets my requirements.

Time for a :cuppa:

.... talking of cats, i should be sat having a nice cold drink in the Med right now. Cancelled the flight as one of the cats really poorly, he spent one night in cat hospital and needs some TLC. Fingers and toes crossed.
20230727_150126.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
I've done the washing up.
I'm glad it was my turn as I had grubby fingernails from fettling one of my bikes.

Making bread or pastry is also quite good too.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Mine went up by just over 35%, despite no material difference in either the policy or our circumstances.

I rang up the insurer and told them my business would be going elsewhere, as that was frankly extortionate. They soon dropped their demands to something much more realistic.

Still, even their extortionate demand was less than half of what Direct Line, Aviva and More Than wanted for the same cover. If you're with any of them, you have my sincere condolences.
This is my second year with Aviva as their renewal last year was the best value, so I guess they're trying to recoup their costs now.

Top Bottom