Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
<Snip>

Cycling Uk has done a fly move and charged me the full membership when before I was on the reduced rate. Not too happy about the way it was done. I only keep membership for the insurance now but I have been a member since sometime around the early 1950s.
I must look around for insurance elsewhere.

Edit to remark that of course it was the CTC I joined all those years ago. It demonstrates I think what happens when a membership organisation becomes a business.
Thank you for the reminder - I must add my Britsh Cycling membership renewal to the list of bills to pay at the start of August.

Having :cuppa: and toast ready to watch the final of the sewing bee. Have an idea who will win.
Final garment amazing!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Update to the above post earlier this evening - https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/mundane-news.209575/post-7030180

Son no. 2 came 2nd, just being pipped for the win, also gaining enough points for his 2nd Cat licence so maybe he was correct.

I ended up racing in the E123 as it looked like there weren't enough entrants for full points. At the start there were 12 but I finished although was 11th riding my son's spare bike.

classic33

Leg End Member
Warm and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well, but had a very strange dream about exams and cats. Yeah, I've not figured it out either. Have spent the morning working on the archive - namely going through a load of files I downloaded from the British Library's newspaper archive earlier in the year. This lot is from 1987 when Paul was racing in FF2000, but largely, they aren't terribly useful or informative. Most of them are just name checks in local "what's on this weekend" type things. There's a handful of race reports in the batch, but to be honest, because I had limited access to the archive, I just downloaded everything that came up in the search pattern I used and figured I'd sort it all out later.

This afternoon, I intend on doing some grass cutting if the rain holds off. The forecast says it will.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.
Try accessing it via your local library. Some even allow this access from home, so worth checking.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
We'll sneak in via the A58.

Oh no you won't.

We'll let the lions and tigers out of Knowsley Safari Park. Your flat vowels, three star jumpers and brown Air Wair will be no match for those hungry beasts.

Try accessing it via your local library. Some even allow this access from home, so worth checking.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I might do just that, although the computer access in there is limited to an hour's use at the time. Or it was, pre-covid, the last time I went in there.

A friend lets me use his account, but I don't like to impose, so it would be nice to have an alternative.

Strangely, the search whose material I'm currently processing, only generated a single article from a Hampshire-based local newspaper. So I do want to dive back into the archive at some point in the future to search by publication rather than by keywords.

Just the usual fake trainers with a tick like trademark and some very high end mens' fragrances - not yet confirmed as fake, but they don't have factories in China OR make the type of gift sets we found which is a subtle giveaway :laugh:

Certainly for the latter, it certainly makes you wonder how stupid / gullible / wanting to keep up with the Joneses some people are...

Pre-Bexit we quite often had to examine container loads of sweets or chocolates (mostly ftom Turkey for some reason) and these DID have to be legitimately sampled :hungry:

So much for the post-Brexit having your cake (or choccy) and eating it...

Top Bottom