Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to feed the cats, and then it will be time to feed me.

Gwylan

Veteran
M
We had a Bond three wheeler but not the Bug. Pathetic brakes and to start you lifted the bonnet and kick started the motorbike engine.
This was our first step up from a Lambretta 150cc which served us well.
Traded it in for an A30 van with windows and a prominent crease in the front bulkhead. This did not seem to affect it at all and it performed perfectly.

My brother had one of those. Graduated from a Mobylette.
Reversing was the oddest process.
Seemed easier to get out and push the thing into a space.

pawl

Legendary Member
M

My brother had one of those. Graduated from a Mobylette.
Reversing was the oddest process.
Seemed easier to get out and push the thing into a space.
[/QUOTE

You could drive a three wheeler on a motorcycle licence If it had reverse a full driving licence was required With the bond three wheeler it wasn’t a problem as they were light enough to push in to and out of a parking space.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Having :cuppa: and toast ready to watch the final of the sewing bee. Have an idea who will win.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
After a sunny & warm day, it's now raining near the Suffolk coast. Yet another busy day at work - moving, pallet wrapping and then moving again the 40 odd pallets that we detained yesterday then having the torture of examining & tallying a container load of beer without being able to touch a drop!

Please could I have a quiet day on Thursday.

After a sunny & warm day, it's now raining near the Suffolk coast. Yet another busy day at work - moving, pallet wrapping and then moving again the 40 odd pallets that we detained yesterday then having the torture of examining & tallying a container load of beer without being able to touch a drop!

Please could I have a quiet day on Thursday.

What did you impound this time?

Would be like me being asked to tally a container load of chocolate without being able to check it for quality control.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What did you impound this time?

Would be like me being asked to tally a container load of chocolate without being able to check it for quality control.

Just the usual fake trainers with a tick like trademark and some very high end mens' fragrances - not yet confirmed as fake, but they don't have factories in China OR make the type of gift sets we found which is a subtle giveaway :laugh:

Pre-Bexit we quite often had to examine container loads of sweets or chocolates (mostly ftom Turkey for some reason) and these DID have to be legitimately sampled :hungry:

Top Bottom