Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
133/78
P51

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
There was one throw in Aikido where I used to end up slamming into the mat on my side . One leg would hit the mat and then be followed by the other, a bit like a scissor action ! Oooooo! :cry:

Oh, yes, I recognise that... Painful enough if your knees happen to knock together, but extremely uncomfortable if you happen to trap your sweetbreads :eek:

Went again last night for a session focussed on groundwork, and it was nice to just be hyperextended all evening for a change, almost like a shiatsu massage.

Almost.

There were, in fact, also an unexpectedly large number of hip throws (because we were going through brown belt katas, which start from a throw), so protecting my dead leg improved my left hand breakfalls no end :dry:

tom73

Guru
Almost made it home from town dry but no down came the rain so got a bit a wet.
Our local Lidl has always been a bit unloved but it's now going down hill fast sales must be down. Anyone who knows retail can see the tiny signs all is not well. Even staff don't care and customer service what little we had has gone. Will have to add it list of shops to avoid.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Almost made it home from town dry but no down came the rain so got a bit a wet.
Our local Lidl has always been a bit unloved but it's now going down hill fast sales must be down. Anyone who knows retail can see the tiny signs all is not well. Even staff don't care and customer service what little we had has gone. Will have to add it list of shops to avoid.

If Lidl's on the slide, then things must be bad, no?

Or is it a case of everyone being affluent and going to Waitrose for their stuff?

Had a nice pleasant ride with a friend this morning . It was sunny with cloud, warm but not hot so we just took things easy . No point in rushing ! There were quite a lot of butterflies around . Had to try to avoid them so they didn't go through my front wheel. We stopped in Lacock for a cup of tea before completing the other half of our ride . I did another 12 miles on the Viscount Aerospace Sport .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We went to Hamtun Market today.
What a disappointment. It's been moved out of the town centre while Market Square is being bodged up by t'council.
I wonder if it will ever recover 😔

tom73

Guru
If Lidl's on the slide, then things must be bad, no?

Or is it a case of everyone being affluent and going to Waitrose for their stuff?

No it's case of that store is widely known to be bad within the company. I've even heard senior staff when asked to take it on being told it was being sorted out. They now know different one's even openly said they've been sold a pup. Most are moving to other Lidi stores.

Top Bottom