Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
View attachment 699130

This was my little lump from an ar5e daggering when I was on my commute a few years ago 🐝
I'll see your lump and raise you a swollen thigh from a single stripy fecker attack.
1689631003935.png

classic33

Leg End Member
He was a naughty engine today,

View attachment 699114 so we made him stand in the corner and think about what he did.
She was a naughty engine, surely?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just learnt that the perfect way to cut roast potatoes for maximum crispness is to first slice it in half along its greatest length and then slice the two halves at an angle of 37°, cutting wedgewise. (I can't believe my spell checker accepts wedgewise as a word .)

It was the server at the pub who told me this and apparently her father would cook with a protractor, and had even appeared on TV to discuss it.

So there you are.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have never had a tomato fascinate, until today.

Well, roast potato geometry is a first for me too.

I just learnt that the perfect way to cut roast potatoes for maximum crispness is to first slice it in half along its greatest length and then slice the two halves at an angle of 37°, cutting wedgewise. (I can't believe my spell checker accepts wedgewise as a word .)

It was the server at the pub who told me this and apparently her father would cook with a protractor, and had even appeared on TV to discuss it.

So there you are.

pictures?

fwiw - my first girlfriend's father, taught me how to make breakfast potatoes. par boil. then slice into discs 1/4" thick, then cut those into quarters, so you wind up w/ a bunch of thin triangles. he was an architect. anyways, they browned up nicely w/ a sprinkling of celery salt, in a large cast iron pan & some oil

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
pictures?

fwiw - my first girlfriend's father, taught me how to make breakfast potatoes. par boil. then slice into discs 1/4" thick, then cut those into quarters, so you wind up w/ a bunch of thin triangles. he was an architect. anyways, they browned up nicely w/ a sprinkling of celery salt, in a large cast iron pan & some oil

No pictures, just a diagram on a piece of paper, I'm afraid. But a breakfast potato architect! There can't be many of them.

Top Bottom