Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I've done the ironing as well today, my non-iron work t-shirts and work pants (trousers to everyone else who doesn't live in Manchester(I've had this debate elsewhere in the forum!!!)) are actually pretty good, but they just don't look right if you don't iron them. Since the t-shirts came in, the ironing in of creases is a thing of the past.

At least come next Saturday there will be some decent football on the telly to watch whilst I am doing all tasks mundane!

I am old and fled to the land of suits 20 years ago. Thank goodness for M&S.

ThinAir

Do more.
I am old and fled to the land of suits 20 years ago. Thank goodness for M&S.

I want to flee to the land of working in a gym or working in somewhere hot with a ton of clubs to play in.

Oh what's that??? Hello reality... Hello rent... Hello bills...

ThinAir

Do more.
Think of the pension or is that a sore point ? Thankfully im safe...... i hope :eek:

It's not too much of a sore point (I joined on the 35year scheme), and will only have to work one extra year to get to sixty. I know people who joined at the age of 19 on the 30 year scheme and will be doing 41years.

The increased contributions are a pain though... Having said that, septembers increment will put that right... Oh wait... Hang on.... ;)

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It's not too much of a sore point (I joined on the 35year scheme), and will only have to work one extra year to get to sixty. I know people who joined at the age of 19 on the 30 year scheme and will be doing 41years.

The increased contributions are a pain though... Having said that, septembers increment will put that right... Oh wait... Hang on.... ;)

4 and a bit to go and then i become a real cyclist and get to do it all day. I have heard some horror stories where i am. I love my job but the thought of not being able to go when i thought i would be able to does not bear thinking about.

Anyway here's to CC and all its contributors keeping me sane :laugh:

ThinAir

Do more.
4 and a bit to go and then i become a real cyclist and get to do it all day. I have heard some horror stories where i am. I love my job but the thought of not being able to go when i thought i would be able to does not bear thinking about.

Anyway here's to CC and all its contributors keeping me sane :laugh:

Not that you're counting... I will have to come to Kent for a retirement ride when you go! We'll go tackle some hills ;)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just watch out for the bears and tigers TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom