Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
While I've watched the incident a couple times, it perhaps needs a slo mo look, it happened so quick.
It genuinely seems to me the Sainz didn't deviate from his line and was obviously in front.
In the split second it happened, it seemed more like Perez veered into Sainz although as any contact was made, it may have pulled him violently into the Ferrari.

My instant reaction was despite Perez gesticulating after the event, it looked to me like Sainz was the innocent party.

I should add, a thoroughly good race. I've not enjoyed F1 for a long time, that somewhat rekindled the excitement.

gbb

Squire
Just watched the Sky Sports analysis on the crash, meh, 50/50.
TBF Sainz is clearly the one who drifts across to regain the racing line albeit not violently, plus he is in front.
Perez holds his line and the inevitable happens.
Seems to me Perez could have drifted but either in that split second didn't have time to (seems to me he could)...or chose to bully Sainz into baling out....and it didn't work.

Racing incident.

Tom B

Guru
As I read the stewards verdict Sainz took his usual line which drifts across to the left. Perez just seemed to fail to notice and failed to alter his course.

Sainz seemed not to know Pezza was there and surprised at what happened.

in terms of the crash, my initial though was the light touch had cut the tyre and that had brought Sainz around so violently.

Perez seemed to have plenty of space to move left into but for reasons unknown didn't, probably trying to keep straight to maximise acceleration traction.

Racing incident with significant consequences sums it up.

Sainz should have known Perez was there Perez should have moved / had options to avoid a collision (and squark about it after). Had Perez got out of it, he'd have finished 4th at worst, as it is he didn't finish.

51:49 blame for me.... one way or the other.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Keep forgetting to post this - a very interesting interview with Adrian Newey recorded the day before he was confirmed at Aston Martin last week (some of this is covered). Also available as an audio podcast if you search for "My Week in Cars" on your podcast provider

Tom B

Guru
Keep forgetting to post this - a very interesting interview with Adrian Newey recorded the day before he was confirmed at Aston Martin last week (some of this is covered). Also available as an audio podcast if you search for "My Week in Cars" on your podcast provider

Is Boris doing the interview?
The interviewer's verbal delivery is awful.

Top Bottom