Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Little bit more information on Autosport today - nobody was actually using the system and the current regulations already made asymmetric brake systems illegal, it just clarified that it also covered front/rear bias as well as left/right.

I don’t see anything in there about front/rear bias - which is routinely adjusted by drivers during a race.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don’t see anything in there about front/rear bias - which is routinely adjusted by drivers during a race.
Sorry - I may have mis-read this bit...

"The new and additional text forbids the braking circuit, either front or rear, to be able to produce asymmetric braking torques."

as "front to rear"

While at the other end of the scale it's the 2CV 24 hours at Snetterton this weekend.

Do they have downforce??

(I used to have one when I first started driving

loved it
In fact - better question - do they have brakes
because the one I had had brakes that worked perfectly well nearly every time you put your foot on the pedal
for some reason my Dad thought the Nearly part was less that the required level
I mean - it always worked the second time (except one but I didn;t tell him about that) so, as a teenager, I didn;t see the problem)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
No downforce, but they are fully race prepared - lowered, slightly more powerful engines, roll cage, better brakes, etc.
An absolute hoot to watch, especially at Mallory Park where they're effectively flat out from the exit of Shaw's hairpin all the way round until they have to brake for the entry to Shaw's hairpin.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
While at the other end of the scale it's the 2CV 24 hours at Snetterton this weekend.

I've covered that meeting as a snappy many times. And it resulted in some very memorable moments. Cue flooded paddock, disappearing circuit, being invited into the commentary box by Alan Hyde at like 3am to dry out in front of the circuit's only working heater. And did I mention it always rained a lot? :crazy:

Brilliant fun though.

No downforce, but they are fully race prepared - lowered, slightly more powerful engines, roll cage, better brakes, etc.
An absolute hoot to watch, especially at Mallory Park where they're effectively flat out from the exit of Shaw's hairpin all the way round until they have to brake for the entry to Shaw's hairpin.

Mine had a massive total of 602 cc

but it could accelerate pretty well considering

it was the full blown clown comedy suspension that would be the problem in a corner at any speed!!

Top Bottom