La Vuelta *** SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
With 10K to go this is going to be an exciting finish. Will the break hold or otherwise anyone could take the stage.

What the hell happened to Almeida?
He finished 7 secs short of 5 mins down on Rog.and 45 secs down on Isasa, who must have been knackered after yesterdays solo breakaway in the searing heat !

Mike_P

Guru
He finished 7 secs short of 5 mins down on Rog.and 45 secs down on Isasa, who must have been knackered after yesterdays solo breakaway in the searing heat !

Got caught behind a crash. Del Toro is now the highest placed UAE rider 6:32 down compared to Almeida 9:06 and Yates 9:27.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush

Yates was pretty downbeat about his prospects before the race. Still knackered from busting a gut to help Pog - same applies to Almeida I imagine.

TomDW

Really enjoying the Vuelta this year. Unlike the TdF they can go on little roads to offbeat finishes like today.
Ultimately it's just seems too hot. They need to change the start date to end of August.

Mas & Landa looking good to who knows. Roglic will crash at some point ......

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Some of those ramps at the end were crazy. I'd be going up them that slowly the cars and motorbikes would end up stalling if they followed me.

Adam4868

Guru
Chapeau Rogla....same again tomorrow 😁
Was reading Almeida was possibly sick....covid ?
Mas looked good on that finish....words I don't usually say ! Just lacked the kick of Rogla.
Other things that maybe you don't expect...Ciccone and Juaristi fell after being hit by a deer

Alex321

Guru
Chapeau Rogla....same again tomorrow 😁
Mas looked good on that finish....words I don't usually say ! Just lacked the kick of Rogla.
Other things that maybe you don't expect...Ciccone and Juaristi fell after being hit by a deer

Not actually very similar tomorrow.

The short sharp climbs are the ones which favour him, and do NOT favour O'Connor.

Much less between them on the longer gentler climbs. Roglic could still pull out more of course, but it isn't as good a stage for him.

Adam4868

Guru
Not actually very similar tomorrow.

The short sharp climbs are the ones which favour him, and do NOT favour O'Connor.

Much less between them on the longer gentler climbs. Roglic could still pull out more of course, but it isn't as good a stage for him.
I meant the stage win....Rogla has the bit between his teeth ! Forget what suits him or not I'm sure he'll go again same as today.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I watched all the coverage of that stage rather than just the so-called highlights. I enjoyed it, especially that final climb!

In other news... Hearing what Cian Uijtdebroeks said about his physical problems at the Vuelta reminded me of other pro cyclists who have suffered from Iliac Artery Endofibrosis. I imagine that he has already been checked for that, but in case he has not, I just emailed Visma-Lease-A-Bike to make sure that they look into it.

PS Cycling Weekly article about the condition HERE.

Last edited:

tarric

Über Member

It's been reported in the Portuguese press that he has been ill for a few days and tested positive for covid on Saturday.

Top Bottom