La Vuelta *** SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Breakaway day. I don't think the final cat 3 is enough to split up the contenders. if a non threatening group gets away its should stay away as there will be no incentive to chase it down.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Breakaway day. I don't think the final cat 3 is enough to split up the contenders. if a non threatening group gets away its should stay away as there will be no incentive to chase it down.
Is the GC split up enough yet to decide who isn't a threat? I think Red Bull Bored Hands Grower will want more bonification for Roggy.

Adam4868

Guru
Meanwhile, back to the actual race!

Looks like a tough stage but not decisive finish.
Breakaway or race up the last climb for a Roglification sprint?
Breakaway please....I'll settle for anyone of these four 😁
Rivera
Schmid
Kron
Vacek
Now I've put my hex on these it'll probably be Visma chasing and setting it up for Rogla 😁

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Breakaway please....I'll settle for anyone of these four 😁
Rivera
Schmid
Kron
Vacek
Now I've put my hex on these it'll probably be Visma chasing and setting it up for Rogla 😁
70km to go and 4m48 to the peloton. O'Connor and Vine in the break. I don't think they've decided to let this one go to the finish yet.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Wow ....that was some ride ! Chapeau Ben nearly five minutes on Rogla 😁
Makes for a great Vuelta...
Screenshot_20240822-165406.png

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a bonkers stage!

He'll take some catching now but it's not impossible. The peloton fell asleep

tarric

Über Member
Great result for O'Connor but I can't believe that the peloton let him get so far ahead. I understand Roglic was happy to give away the leaders jersey but nearly 5 mins to O'Connor is going to make for an interesting Vuelta.

TomDW

Surely it tells us that he comfortably beat the other GC guys on the the first proper mountain stage ?!?

Maybe, but now the race has been turned upside down ! I guess Visma think Ben O'Connor will collapse further down the line (quite probable) or as above they messed it up ???

Top Bottom