La Vuelta *** SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomDW

There's so much climbing to come I'm not sure Roglic's win really tells us much. It's the first proper mountain stage when everyone is fresh.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Roglič says in cool-down interview that no-one asked him whether to ride and set it up for him to Roglify the finish.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Surely it tells us that he comfortably beat the other GC guys on the the first proper mountain stage ?!?

albeit one with a peculiarly very steep section, which doesn't suit soe of the more "tempo" climbers. It does tell us Roglic is in good shape. he does need to stay upright though.

albeit one with a peculiarly very steep section, which doesn't suit soe of the more "tempo" climbers. It does tell us Roglic is in good shape. he does need to stay upright though.

I'm thinking recent editions have had a LOT of very steep climbs, but admittedly I haven't looked at the profiles individually.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
IIRC Vuelta stages start/finish quite a lot later than The French Race. What is a typical stage finish time this year?
[I'm hoping someone has watched them live and will know without checking!]
#nospoilers-post ;-)

you are aware there is a website for La Vuelta - its got a whole wealth of info on it.

Top Bottom