La Vuelta *** SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
At the bottom of the final climb, Primoz had several team mates with him Ben had none. It was obvious that they had burned all their matches trying to control all day. Well done Eddie :okay:

Adam4868

Guru
Chapeau Dunbar.....chuffed for him,not as much as my partner but chuffed all the same 😁

BenO not happy !
Some admirable honesty in his reply,but I'm not sure admitting you're guilt is the best option here Ben 🤣

View: https://x.com/ben_oconnor95/status/1828843672701640787?t=oaGSbqxfxbvR_L30CPY31Q&s=19

Any video of this available? I never saw it as I was out riding. Just started watching when Roglic went off into the distance. This process of blocking (when done in a really aggressive way really pisses me off but without seeing today's a I can't judge.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Any video of this available? I never saw it as I was out riding. Just started watching when Roglic went off into the distance. This process of blocking (when done in a really aggressive way really pisses me off but without seeing today's a I can't judge.
I think it's this. But I could be wrong. Right at the very start, and concealed by a tree

View: https://x.com/Eurosport_ES/status/1828789083562291389

Translation
Carapaz crashes in the peloton! 💥

😡 The third-placed rider in the general classification crashed when the leader's team tried to block the passage of more riders through the breakaway.

I think it's this. But I could be wrong. Right at the very start, and concealed by a tree

View: https://x.com/Eurosport_ES/status/1828789083562291389

Translation
Carapaz crashes in the peloton! 💥

😡 The third-placed rider in the general classification crashed when the leader's team tried to block the passage of more riders through the breakaway.

Thanks for posting this. From what I can see from the video the yellow cards were well deserved although the tree blocks off the vital moment.

Adam4868

Guru
Should of just said sorry to Richie I'm sure that was a accident.I mean it's not like the blocking doesn't happen,but like sticky bottles you get caught then take the punishment,don't cry about it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ben O’C has deleted his Twitter account!

I imagine things are quite chaotic inside Ben's brain at the moment.

Not that migrating away from Twitter is a bad thing, of course. But generally done in a more measured fashion.

Reactions: mjr

Adam4868

Guru
Four mountain stages in a row....does Rogla go again today or just keep chipping away.How long is Mas going to keep working with Roglic before he attacks himself or cracks ! He's looked good so far.

Blocking the complete width of the road i.e. with sheer weight of numbers, no swerving around - is standard practice (and may have been for years?). I seem to be in a small minority that thinks it's unsporting and unethical, and really should be against the rules.
I haven't seen this specific incident, it sounds like slightly different riding.

tarric

Über Member
BenO not happy !
Some admirable honesty in his reply,but I'm not sure admitting you're guilt is the best option here Ben 🤣

View: https://x.com/ben_oconnor95/status/1828843672701640787?t=oaGSbqxfxbvR_L30CPY31Q&s=19

I think he sometimes forgets to engage brain first, a bit like when after Roglic picked up a few bonus seconds last week and he came out with "He would have to take a lot of bonuses to make up that time" I wouldn't be goading someone like Roglic.

Alex321

Guru
Blocking the complete width of the road i.e. with sheer weight of numbers, no swerving around - is standard practice (and may have been for years?). I seem to be in a small minority that thinks it's unsporting and unethical, and really should be against the rules.
I haven't seen this specific incident, it sounds like slightly different riding.

Yes, there were periods during the stage where they did that, but not at this point.

It is difficult to be sure exactly what happened, because there was only an overhead view, which was mostly blocked by a tree, but it didn't look like anything particularly deliberate to me.

I think he sometimes forgets to engage brain first, a bit like when after Roglic picked up a few bonus seconds last week and he came out with "He would have to take a lot of bonuses to make up that time" I wouldn't be goading someone like Roglic.

The alternative is:
"Yeah, we had a good day. Team worked hard. The other riders are strong. We are where we are, taking it one day at a ..."
... I'm asleep by this point, no idea what else they say!

Top Bottom