Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well as you keep telling people, "You. build upto longer distances/steeper hills. Don't let what others say they can do, put you off trying at your own speed".
There is of course the chance he got lost & spent more time trying to work out which way to go!!

Edit: You realise that forecast was for Sunday!
Yeah, true, he could have got lost!
You mean on Saturday we will have :sun:? Working all weekend, me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, true, he could have got lost!
You mean on Saturday we will have :sun:? Working all weekend, me.
Possibility at present, but winds are set to pick up the back end of this week.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Good luck for Sunday!
I will have to set out for work an hour earlier than I'm supposed to this weekend, as the run goes right past my work.
I don't have an alternative route unless I do a 6 mile detour ... uhmm, see how the weather is on the day, might just do that ^_^
if you arent holding cake for me as I pass I will be dissapointed! @GBC - do you know where on route you are spectating?

Reactions: GBC

GBC

Veteran
if you arent holding cake for me as I pass I will be dissapointed! @GBC - do you know where on route you are spectating?
Hi Stephen, I'm going to to be on Clyde Street for sure, on the river side of the road and to the east of the Kingston Bridge. I might try and do an appearance about Dumbreck Road as well, but we'll see what the logistics are like.

I may or may not see you, but all the best for the run anyway - I'll be looking for you just behind Haile Gebrselassie:thumbsup:

GBC

Veteran
@Louch

My wife is looking at doing it in just over 2 hours and has marked the times she expects to be at various points along the route. Let me know what your target time is and I'll have a good idea when to look out for you:hello:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
My targets approx 2hrs 30 just now as had a really rough night, and it's left me lets just say dehydrated.....I work have been just as well being out on the night out I missed for all the good my early night did.

Very bright yellow vest, green number, red pained expression :sad:

Reactions: GBC

Rasmus

Without a clever title
So, how did you get on? As a non-runner I give you a big kudos for even attempting to do this!

All these runners around town meant I had to go through the Clyde Tunnel on my way out to Renfrewshire for a ride...

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I finished in 2hrs 14 mins. Very surprised as I had crammed training into 4 weeks that had been sketchy due to a lot of travel with work. Managed to average approx 10 min miles, when in training I'd been struggling to maintain 11 1/2 over 5 miles. Very inspirational seeing all the people running with reasons on their back,made me quite ashamed at points only running it for the challenge. seen Finn and George at start and end respectively , both with bikes which made me jealous :sad:

Big thanks go to the people at Alzheimer Scotland for use of their tent as bank of Scotland's charity of the year. I wasn't running for sponsorship today, but I am in two weeks cycling for them.

GBC

Veteran
I finished in 2hrs 14 mins. Very surprised as I had crammed training into 4 weeks that had been sketchy due to a lot of travel with work. Managed to average approx 10 min miles, when in training I'd been struggling to maintain 11 1/2 over 5 miles. Very inspirational seeing all the people running with reasons on their back,made me quite ashamed at points only running it for the challenge. seen Finn and George at start and end respectively , both with bikes which made me jealous :sad:

Big thanks go to the people at Alzheimer Scotland for use of their tent as bank of Scotland's charity of the year. I wasn't running for sponsorship today, but I am in two weeks cycling for them.

Well done indeed Stephen!! - you were looking much better at the end than I anticipated after your 'rough night':rolleyes:

Marathon next year I suppose?:becool:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I think the Arran half marathon may be added to Alloa , edinburgh and Glasgow to take me to ten......then I quit :smile:

I am suffering today, legs on fire. May leave the bike coming back out for a day or three

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Louch - There is also a round-Arran ;) team relay race, you'd need to find a few more runners though ... not sure a cycling forum is entirely the right place though ...

T

Top Bottom