Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes @classic33 you can come too :rolleyes:
It wasn't intended as a request. I "liked" your invite to @Hill Wimp because of the hills. She's under the impression Yorkshire has steep hills, some Scottish image_zps2ff0cfbc.jpg hills are STEEP.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It wasn't intended as a request. I "liked" your invite to @Hill Wimp because of the hills. She's under the impression Yorkshire has steep hills, some Scottish View attachment 30091 hills are STEEP.
More than merely "steep" :ohmy: :heat: :surrender:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ummm I need to conquer a few more road humps down here before I try your hills,but I have every intention of coming up with the bike at some point. It looks too lovely not to.
On your way up, you could "practice" on some Yorkshire hills!!

299.jpg
:ph34r:

Pat "5mph"

I miss my bike :sad: cany wait to get this silly half marathon done Sunday :sad:
Good luck for Sunday!
I will have to set out for work an hour earlier than I'm supposed to this weekend, as the run goes right past my work.
I don't have an alternative route unless I do a 6 mile detour ... uhmm, see how the weather is on the day, might just do that ^_^

Pat "5mph"

Wet(light rain early morning) with a Westerly wind.
All right then: better set out on waterproofs.
Riding home tonight at about 10.30 it was raining quite heavily, was sort of expecting it, so had rain jacket - did not bother with waterproof trousers because was working only a few miles from home this evening.
Met a roadie in full (summer) club lycra, he told me he was not expecting the change of weather on setting out in the morning.
How far did he ride if he was just coming back at that time? Some cyclists leave me in awe :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
All right then: better set out on waterproofs.
Riding home tonight at about 10.30 it was raining quite heavily, was sort of expecting it, so had rain jacket - did not bother with waterproof trousers because was working only a few miles from home this evening.
Met a roadie in full (summer) club lycra, he told me he was not expecting the change of weather on setting out in the morning.
How far did he ride if he was just coming back at that time? Some cyclists leave me in awe :ohmy:
Well as you keep telling people, "You. build upto longer distances/steeper hills. Don't let what others say they can do, put you off trying at your own speed".
There is of course the chance he got lost & spent more time trying to work out which way to go!!

Edit: You realise that forecast was for Sunday!

Top Bottom