Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just had a peek out of the cutains and it's flat calm here... how's Kansas?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Very wet here. Its been raining all night. No winds though. Today is supposed to the worst though. There will be local flooding in Mac under the railway bridge and parts of the river dovey will overflow I suspect.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
40 Knot winds on the solent (46mph approx) 90 mph gusts on the IOW.

Strong winds still here, no rain at the mo. Several fences and walls worth of damage that I can see so far.

Mumbles Head Swansea
Westerly 20 Knts

Cycling home in 10 mins

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Just started raining here (Thorpe Park), lots. A tad on the blowy side but worst so far my bird table has fallen over, and the dog doesn't like it.

Just commuted from Gosport to Portsmouth by bike alongthe A32 / A27 (with a few shortcuts)

Lots of tree debris and occasional branches, but little else.

What amuses me is the motorists.

There is an open stretch by POrt Solent which always has a cross wind. A large plastic barrel, about 4 feet higt and two foot diameter blowing around the A27. CArs slow down, drive round it and even reverse when it moves towards them.

It was two cyclists (Thanks to the other guy that stopped) to think of actually removing it from the road and putting it on a garage forecourt where it would be safe!

APart from that I rather like the hurricane, as I had a tail wind all the way. Whether I still like hurricanes when I have the same wind as a headwind on the way home tonight I will let you know.

Top Bottom