Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I had a stray blue carrier bag go past my window 2 minutes ago...
Was it solid blue or was it one of those really thin blue and white striped plastic bags?
If it was the latter, it's in Leicester now.

Reactions: TVC

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Its a bit breezy but nothing to get excited about here. The Met office says that Norfolk is on 'amber alert'.

We have taken the precaution of moving the car to our little car parking area 100 yards to our left on account of their being a couple of big trees in our garden that overhang the pavement and our side of the road. I would rather that - if the wind & rain ever does arrive - that a branch didn't land on my car roof.
We have laid the bird table down too as we are quite fond of it and don't want it to get damaged.
It doesn't even seem to be any cooler out so I am wondering if the storm of St Jude (ITV weather say that's what the storm is called) is ever going to arrive.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bog roll is always important. Very wet here, but not windy.
Same sort?

classic33

Leg End Member
Its a bit breezy but nothing to get excited about here. The Met office says that Norfolk is on 'amber alert'.

We have taken the precaution of moving the car to our little car parking area 100 yards to our left on account of their being a couple of big trees in our garden that overhang the pavement and our side of the road. I would rather that - if the wind & rain ever does arrive - that a branch didn't land on my car roof.
We have laid the bird table down too as we are quite fond of it and don't want it to get damaged.
It doesn't even seem to be any cooler out so I am wondering if the storm of St Jude (ITV weather say that's what the storm is called) is ever going to arrive.
"The weather system, dubbed the St Jude's Day Storm - named after the patron saint of depression and lost causes, whose feast day is Monday - is expected to reach the south coast of England tonight and into Monday, bringing exceptionally strong winds."
Saint Judes day tomorrow.

TVC

Well, the BBC weather app has been reducing the predicted wind speeds for Leicester all day, now due to peak at 15mph.

Top Bottom