Have you voted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They generally are!

Not mine, I had two polling stations that were a 15-20 mins walk, so they assigned me to a third which was 35mins away 🙄

Slick

Guru
There are double tax agreements between most countries. You are unlikely to have to pay tax on your entire income in both jurisdictions.
As I said, I don't know the details but I assume its because she still has a foot in both camps.

I've just been now to vote in my 12th General Election since my first one in 1979.
As you can see, I didn't have far to walk from my front door.

View attachment 736468

Where's that thread about posting a pic of your dog outside a polling station gone? 🤔

View attachment 736469

View attachment 736470

View attachment 736471

View attachment 736472

My flat in the background, taken on the steps of the polling station.

View attachment 736473

I might be a bit wrong in this but somehow I doubt your dog would have issues with Accy's devil dog XL bullys and their owners outside a polling station. Perhaps the safest place and time in Accy for your doggie!!

Alex321

Guru
They generally are!

It wasn't in our previous house. It was around 2 miles, with a good sized hill between us and the polling station.

And while we are that close, there are plenty in the area who will be at least 10 minutes walk away, and outliers up to a couple of miles away. There are no polling stations to the North of us, while the ward extends almost two miles in that direction.

So, jobsworths ....

Went to vote last night. Stupidly I'd registered for postal vote but left it too late. So I went in person, with photo-id and the bit of paper with my ballot/voter/wotever-number on it.
First bloke behind the desk told me I couldn't vote in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily his two colleagues realised this was absurd, so one found a manager-type, and they came up with a solution (which involved sellotape, and took me much longer than doing my bit properly would have done :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)

#isitok to call the first guy a Jobsworth?

Solocle

Über Member
Every vote counted locally.
poole.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Interesting change of colour on the SW maps. Better than expected. Yes, we voted.

You are supposed to take it in sealed as if you were posting it - and nowadays you also have to fill in a form
not very long although it is not well designed but no tricky questions
and you need id

but it is not difficult

stephec

Squire
Andrei Dragotoniu is a helluva name.

I wonder if he realises that he was standing for a party which is totally opposed to migrants, which he was.

I was just about to say something similar, I wonder if Nigel knows about that fine British name that's representing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom