Have you voted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solocle

Über Member
Andrei Dragotoniu is a helluva name.

I wonder if he realises that he was standing for a party which is totally opposed to migrants, which he was.
Please don't mistake Reform candidates for clueless idiots. They're not, even if I had a good laugh about the irony. Although, according to Corbyn, I wouldn't understand that...

Here's his statement.** He acknowledges being an immigrant, while opposing mass immigration now. It's not like they're advocating deporting legal migrants here already, which would be a complete contradiction in terms.

** Mod Removed Political Statement**

They need to be taken seriously. They're now a force in politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Please don't mistake Reform candidates for clueless idiots. They're not, even if I had a good laugh about the irony. Although, according to Corbyn, I wouldn't understand that...

Snipped: [Reform candidate statement]
Are you trying to get this harmless thread closed?

AndyRM

XOXO

Here's his statement.** He acknowledges being an immigrant, while opposing mass immigration now. It's not like they're advocating deporting legal migrants here already, which would be a complete contradiction in terms.
**MOD Removed Political Statement**

They need to be taken seriously. They're now a force in politics.

I read his statement.

Reform aren't even a political party, they're a business masquerading as one.

But enough of this here; NCAP is thataway...

Last edited by a moderator:

Solocle

Über Member
I read his statement.

Reform aren't even a political party, they're a business masquerading as one.

But enough of this here; NCAP is thataway...

I'm not at all endorsing them, definitely not (which would be an NCAP thing). Fact remains they got the third largest share of the votes, substantially more than the Lib Dems.

Will that disappear next election? Well, if you look across the rest of Europe, probably not.

It's easy to have a laugh at them, but I would warn against discounting them.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not at all endorsing them, definitely not (which would be an NCAP thing). Fact remains they got the third largest share of the votes, substantially more than the Lib Dems.

Will that disappear next election? Well, if you look across the rest of Europe, probably not.

It's easy to have a laugh at them, but I would warn against discounting them.

Yes, it's easy to laugh at them because for all their extra 500,000 votes they ended up with 4 seats whereas the Lib Dems broke records...

Like everything Farage does, it relies on populist nonsense; he'll get bored when he finds out how little he can actually do and Reform will become an irrelevance.

Yes, it's easy to laugh at them because for all their extra 500,000 votes they ended up with 4 seats whereas the Lib Dems broke records...

Like everything Farage does, it relies on populist nonsense; he'll get bored when he finds out how little he can actually do and Reform will become an irrelevance.

His time as an elected member of the European Parliament was largely characterised by his non-attendance, punctuated, occasionally, by episodes of stirring the pot - with mixed results. In Westminster, he won't get away with that. He'll actually have to do some work - and be available for his constituents. And should he not meet the expectations of the good people of Clacton, then they can - and will - deselect him.

Solocle

Über Member

If you support PR then tht's definitely not something to laugh at. But even under FPTP, they had a substantial number of 2nd place finishes. An increase in their vote, say the Tories implode themselves in opposition, could cross a tipping point and give them scores of seats.

1000010912.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom