Have you voted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
Not interested in the politics of it all (don't want this thread moved to NACA), just want to see how many people have already popped down to their local community centre / primary school / scouts hut / church hall / portacabin in a pub car park (delete as applicable) and put a cross on a piece of paper, then stuffed that in a box. Or if you've already voted by post weeks ago, you can mention that too of course.

I used to vote on my way home from work but after a close shave a few years back, when a tree fell on my train line and stuffed everything up for hours and I only just made it to the polling station at 9:59pm, I now vote on my way IN to work instead. Means only a ten minute detour on my walk to the station, plus the polling clerks are still usually quite cheery at that hour as the boredom hasn't set in yet.

To quote Martha Gellhorn if you say you aren't interested in politics you "might as well say, 'I'm not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future.' ... If we mean to keep any control over our world and lives, we must be interested in politics."

Posted vote some time back. No ID needed!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Don't do that - it is illegal to run a publicly available exit poll - i.e. people saying who they HAVE voted for - until after 10 p.m.

another forum I frequent did it a few years ago and got told off

It’s not an exit poll, and nobody is being asked to say which way they voted!

Choices could be:

• I’m not voting
  • I voted already by post
  • I voted already at a polling station
  • I’ll vote later
  • It’s none of your business whether I vote or not

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Postal for me, I registered about 5 years ago

I got a postal vote for the Brexit ref in 2016 as I was on holiday in Cornwall. Despite the fact my polling station is about 3 mins walk away, I've never switched back. Good thing, given the gerrymandering with ID (a solution in search of a problem as David Davis put it) that's from the Trump tactic book.

OP
OP
steverob

steverob

Guru
To quote Martha Gellhorn if you say you aren't interested in politics you "might as well say, 'I'm not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future.' ... If we mean to keep any control over our world and lives, we must be interested in politics."
Don't get me wrong, I am VERY interested in politics - heck, I took it as one of my A Levels.

What I'm NOT interested in is turning this thread into a political one and having the mods then have to send it to the place that must not be named. I merely wanted to discuss how, where and when people had voted, not who they'd voted for.

Solocle

Über Member
Well, I'm voting for Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel, and I don't care who knows.

Where's that, the prison?

:laugh:
Poole Sea Cadets place.

It's likely to be an incredibly marginal constituency, with an extant Tory majority of 19000 for Sir Robert Syms.

Drago

Legendary Member

I'm interested in all those those things, but the promises made with no realistic prospect of delivery, lies, puerile sniping and flip-flopping that is passed off as "politics" in 2024 is unlikely to have a positive impact upon any of part of my life.

I'll spoil my paper later.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm interested in all those those things, but the promises made with no realistic prospect of delivery, lies, puerile sniping and flip-flopping that is passed off as "politics" in 2024 is unlikely to have a positive impact upon any of part of my life.

I'll spoil my paper later.

If you can't spell X, there are people there who can help you.

presta

Guru
GRnsiuWWYAArz48?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Voting this eve. We have a well entrenched, quite good Labour MP who will be re-elected, so for us floaters it wont make any difference.
Not sure who I could vote for apart from Rick.

We have just walked to the Polling Centre and voted

It was just us there and the 2 people working there

There was a dog outside but he was on his walk with - presumably - his owner

doubt there will be any changes here - Labour vote is pretty solid and the normal MP always responds when I ask him anything so seems to be OK

It will be interesting to see what the vote was when it comes round later - predicted to be at about 3 a.m.
The bloke opposite was going to vote Reform - but I pointed out a few things I had spotted about him so he may have changed him mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom