Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The latest picture looks like latish summer around midday, so looking approximately south.

I don't think we're in the south-east this time. The boundary wall on the left looks as though it's made from a local stone, but we don't seem to be into the serious hills of the north and west. There are some landscape features visible but none are particularly distinctive.

The rough parking area using what might once have been the course of the road is wholly practical but no-one's tried to make it pretty.

It looks like the sort of scene I'd often pass, and the style of the building suggests Herefordshire to me. Clutching at straws.

shnjmsn

Über Member
Thanks @Trickedem - that was quite a search. I've not been on my bike much recently, but these challenges provide inspiration. ^_^

Next pic.

View attachment 556924

I'm pretty sure it's Cornwall, A39 north coast round Padstow........... but I could be way off ! ^_^

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Maps and overhead views give no indication that this is a campsite.

But it's not a bad place to put a tent, so maybe rethink the class of road.

shnjmsn

Über Member
Maps and overhead views give no indication that this is a campsite.

But it's not a bad place to put a tent, so maybe rethink the class of road.

That helped !!!! OK, so road out of Polzeath, junction

onto the B3314 ?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That helped !!!! OK, so road out of Polzeath, junction View attachment 557061

onto the B3314 ?
It IS if you turn left and then back round to face the other way! :okay:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That helped !!!! OK, so road out of Polzeath, junction View attachment 557061

onto the B3314 ?
That's it!
That was always going to be a quick one, the tea room was a possible landmark for anyone who has visited the area.
Also I do a variation of this ride every summer, ,and have mentioned the route on Cyclechat on more than one occasion!

Attachments

• 1604846573879.png
    1604846573879.png
    27 KB · Views: 1

shnjmsn

Über Member
That's it!
That was always going to be a quick one, the tea room was a possible landmark for anyone who has visited the area.
Also I do a variation of this ride every summer, ,and have mentioned the route on Cyclechat on more than one occasion!
Looks a great route, such a great part of the south west ! Might try a few rides end of the month when I have a week off, couple of hours from home for me and have lots of customers around the area so drive it lots, just don't cycle it enough ! :bicycle:

Top Bottom