Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Here you go

https://goo.gl/maps/KMiT3ygMAs2u6J5M6

That is Blencathra on the right.

The last two times I was at Blencathra, I was:
  • front-pointing on thick ice up the steep wall near the top of Sharp Edge, the prominent arête facing the camera just below the skyline;
  • cycling past on the way to John O'Groats, heading for the fantastic gated road to Mungrisdale before overnighting at the Carlisle Travelodge for the princely sum of £10 for the room.
The standout memory of cycling below Saddleback/Blencathra was encountering two terrier dogs running loose outside one of the farms adjoining the cycle path - either Doddick Farm or Scales Farm, I can't remember which. Nothing much remarkable about that, one might imagine - but the two enthusiastic mutts had been joined at the collar by a rigid bar, courtesy I presume of their farmer-owner, so that they were obliged to run everywhere together side-by-side and at the same speed regardless of whether they wanted to or not. It certainly made their negotiation of any narrow gaps between obstacles an interesting and amusing spectator sport.....did anyone else ever spot those dogs?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
After much searching, I found a spot close to the village of Selling in Kent where the roads are unfenced and there's a tree in the apex of the junction:

Now I just need to find the other one...

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Based on that clue, I wonder whether you're referring to a place with "Farthing" in its name, of which there are several in Kent. I've had a good look but I can't find any junctions that look as though they could be right. But as we've often found it's possible to overlook what seems so obvious later.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
When people finally find this, they may actually think I was underselling it;)
At first glance, looks like open countryside. But to the right is a pedestrian AND vehicle gate, both in farm style.
But the framing is tight, I wonder what clues hae been cropped ?

But looking in the bottom right corner you can see some grass verge - this suggests the vehicle entrance is quite narrow - possible too narrow for a farm. Maybe a house? That tiny white sign on the fence might be a house name?

Suspect we're looking at a village boundary/outskirts location rather than middle of nowhere, but that unfenced field should be very distinctive.

The underselling clue isn't doing much for me at the moment. I've exmained a few obvious and less obvious variations on selling... might be giving up on this one!

Trickedem

Guru
At first glance, looks like open countryside. But to the right is a pedestrian AND vehicle gate, both in farm style.
But the framing is tight, I wonder what clues hae been cropped ?

But looking in the bottom right corner you can see some grass verge - this suggests the vehicle entrance is quite narrow - possible too narrow for a farm. Maybe a house? That tiny white sign on the fence might be a house name?

Suspect we're looking at a village boundary/outskirts location rather than middle of nowhere, but that unfenced field should be very distinctive.

The underselling clue isn't doing much for me at the moment. I've exmained a few obvious and less obvious variations on selling... might be giving up on this one!
You are probably pretty close. Underselling is the clue, as in South. Head for an Ex's dregs.

Top Bottom