Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Google News search for church bell noise issues, time limited to 2012-2014. This threw a couple of options up in roughly the right place (gleaned from Tribansman's posting history), then Google Maps hunting, using the shadows as a guide to where the image was taken relative to the church.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I'm pretty confident I have it right (given @Trickedem 's independent corroboration), so here's mine. I reckon this will go quickly so no clues to start with other than it is in my neck of the woods.

1603724801664.png

robjh

Legendary Member
Good work @figbat and @Trickedem. At the right spot on that road, there's a 360° panorama that takes in Herts, Beds and Cambs. It's a cracking view.
I should have got that! I ride through Ashwell a lot - not often on that road, but on a parallel one with similar views. I had convinced myself it would be in the Cotswolds though so never thought of looking in my own back yard.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think I see a Mast to the right of the hill. I am enjoying looking at the OS maps of Lancashire. This doesn't look that high though, so I think this might be a view looking South
You're certainly in the right county :okay:

Top Bottom