Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
The Rhyd Ddu Path perhaps, though I'd argue with any route being the 'main one' !
That's not the path we used on the school trip in 1973. :laugh:

The most popular path.
Snowdon-Routes.jpg

Edit: Sorry, this NTR is not going very well, there seems to be six paths.
:banghead:

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Llanberis path is the most popular as it's the easiest just ahead of the Snowdon Ranger path which is steep in its middle bit.

swansonj

Guru
Llanberis path is the most popular as it's the easiest just ahead of the Snowdon Ranger path which is steep in its middle bit.

Somebody, who shall remain nameless, once produced a graph showing the gradients of the six main paths up Snowdon, which can be found on the Wikipedia page.😀

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The object of this game is to identify where a photograph was taken. It should be taken on a public road which you have ridden in the UK, or somewhere very interesting that you would like to ride one day.
Not wanting to be a killjoy, but the thread was intended to be about roads rather than paths, fine though the paths might be!

I had the idea when someone posted a thread about views from mountain peaks. I can't remember if it was here or on one of the then offshoot forums.

If it was elsewhere, then perhaps it would be a nice idea @GuyBoden if you wanted to start a sister thread called Name That Path? I can think of quite a few that I would like to post if you did.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not wanting to be a killjoy, but the thread was intended to be about roads rather than paths, fine though the paths might be!

I had the idea when someone posted a thread about views from mountain peaks. I can't remember if it was here or on one of the then offshoot forums.

If it was elsewhere, then perhaps it would be a nice idea @GuyBoden if you wanted to start a sister thread called Name That Path? I can think of quite a few that I would like to post if you did.

As this morning's pedant, I'm going to counter that by claiming that the Llanberis path is in fact a bridleway, and therefore counts?

GuyBoden

Guru
The Rhyd Ddu Path perhaps, though I'd argue with any route being the 'main one' !

I would like to give @Sea of vapours the opportunity of posting the next "Name that road". If he so chooses.

As, he did guess one of the six paths up Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), in my disastrous recent NTR effort. (I won't post a path again.)

So, it's over to you @Sea of vapours. If you want it. :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As this morning's pedant, I'm going to counter that by claiming that the Llanberis path is in fact a bridleway, and therefore counts?
A bridleway isn't a road! :laugh:

I have nearly posted Street-Viewed bridleways and/or cyclepaths in the past but decided against it because of my own t & c. (Given my poor memory, it is possible that I actually DID but have forgotten doing so!) There are lots of paths now that people have taken handheld Street View cameras on and it will become increasingly common in the future. Bearing that in mind... IS IT TIME TO CHANGE THE RULES OF THE GAME TO: ANYWHERE IN THE UK WHERE WE HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO CYCLE AND THERE IS STREET VIEW COVERAGE?

GuyBoden

Guru
A bridleway isn't a road! :laugh:

I have nearly posted Street-Viewed bridleways and/or cyclepaths in the past but decided against it because of my own t & c. (Given my poor memory, it is possible that I actually DID but have forgotten doing so!) There are lots of paths now that people have taken handheld Street View cameras on and it will become increasingly common in the future. Bearing that in mind... IS IT TIME TO CHANGE THE RULES OF THE GAME TO: ANYWHERE IN THE UK WHERE WE HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO CYCLE AND THERE IS STREET VIEW COVERAGE?

Yes, maybe update the rules. It's just a bit of fun.

I posted a very nice path for a "Name that Road" last year, which was on Google Street view.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.1...7i7680!8i3840!9m2!1b1!2i37?hl=en-GB&entry=ttu
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/game-name-that-road.227817/page-472#post-6840770

This path here:
ntr-oct-2022-png.png

@ColinJ You stated "Normally, we do roads only, but since we can Streetview it, we should be able to find it.:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom